If they do they're really clutching at straws. :thumbdown2:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Care to explain or give some evidence of how it works then? :whistle:

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
lol

Anyhow im giving this a go.....ive read up the Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercise website and hes got alot of stuff about hair loss in general, reading thru dozens of pages of comments alot of people have thanked him and claimed no Real hair growth but most have said its alot more stable or there hair appears thicker/healthy compared to before.

But this could simply be due to the treatments.....

Would be quite funny if my mum catches me wiggling my ears while im massaging my frontal lobe:)

I always felt that after a hot bath or washing my hair even after 5-10 minutes my head and scalp was hot and buzzing ? but after my early 20s and hair loss kicked in I didnt get that same feeling, even I felt that the blood was not reaching the top of my head perhaps resulting in loss of hair....

Guess ill Stand upside down and let the blood flow to my head while wiggling my ears and performing scalp excercises :woot:

s.a.f

Reaction score
joshua said:
Why certainly. By interchangeably tensing your occipitalus and frontalis muscle, creating a repetitive motion of the scalp skin, any DHT present will eventually get so utterly annoyed that it will ultimately leave your scalp voluntarily.

:notworthy:

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Well been trying this for the past week twice a day or once a day either morning/evening, and its odd my white/almost invisible vellous minoxidil hairs are now dark and black (my hairs black since im indian) and there now alot more clearer and visible, there not proper hairs like the rest of them but there just now visible.

Sadly if I look at my hair inbetween the day my minoxidil/vellous hairs just seem to shrink or vanish again, so doing it twice a day seems to help more.

Im not doing toms scalp excercises ie wiggling ears, but im using 2-3 fingers and gently rubbing below my hair line to increase blood flow across the hair line.

Anyhow I doubt ill get any gains since im 33 and started the big 3 only 2-3 years ago with only maintainence being noticed, I will however bookmark it and give it a go over the next few weeks/months and ill report back !

s.a.f

Reaction score
Do you realise how ridiculous you sound?
Seeing velous hairs turn black after a week? :roll:
And you really think that your hairloss is caused by poor bloodflow? You do realise its that same bloodsupply thats delivering DHT to your follicles? :shakehead:

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
And you really think that your hairloss is caused by poor bloodflow? You do realise its that same bloodsupply thats delivering DHT to your follicles? :shakehead:

Yup exactly, I dont really belive in scalp excercises or blood flow.....

But hey Ive been doing it past week and my frontal hairs do appear blacker
but there so tiny there praticly not seeable.

I use too see my tiny white hairs go black a little but then they would fade after a few days and almost vanish again, but trying a bit of scalp excercise has improved the visual appearance of my hairs, almost as if my hairs are a bit more oily and fluffy, but there definatly more blacker.

But as ive said I dont particular belive in it since the big 3 hasnt really given me any regrowth along my temples and hair line past 3 years, but ill still try scalp excercises into the mix as stupid as it sounds still !

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
nice pics hopefully you can maintain your temples unlike myself, I dont belive in Scalp excercises and it still sounds weird... what if someone walks in and sees me wiggling my ears while trying to play COD black ops :woot:

My minoxidil hairs on my temples do sometimes go darker but there still not proper hairs and do vanish or are hard to be seen in different angles in the light, but definatly with scalp excercises its made them a bit more darker and visible in my temple area the only thing is I dont expect them to sprout out new hairs and actually get any type of hair regrowth since I havent had much joy on the big 3 in 3 years anyhow but hey will give it a go even if science says it will never ever work :)

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
i agree its not something you want to do with other people around. Sometimes if my roommate goes to the bathroom i will get a few repetitions in.. but i def don't wanna risk getting caught.. i already did once a couple months ago and he was like WTF?

ha

Ken Kaneki

My Regimen
Reaction score

Sorry but you're stupid ;)

DHT is oxygen dependent.
In low oxygen environments, DHT can attack follicles.

You said the same blood flow,
delivers DHT to the hair?!

Read my first answer.

The enzyme that makes testosterone to DHT, is called 5 alpha reduktase.

Now again....
"DHT is oxygen dependent"

When we eat, talk or chew gum, our blood flow increases, to the side muscles and back muscles of our head.

And testosterone cannot easily convert into DHT.

So what makes the hair on the sides not fall out, is Estradiol.

There is an enzyme called "3 alpha hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase".

That converts DHT into estradiol, that does not harm any hair at all!!!

There you have your answer.

Cya....

Ken

Ken Kaneki

My Regimen
Reaction score
All of you read my answer.
I forgot to mention above, that Estradiol is created by working out muscles.

Cya

Ken

checkers2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesnt cost anything to do massage or the weird scalp exercises so why not try it? I do em for a few minutes every day. Seems relieve headaches a bit at work.