Scalp Irritation.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think we have all experienced it. It sucks some serious *** and i believe it is a main factor in showing folical health. I have noticed one of my temples is thining like a mad man, there are these little red spots. The area is sensitive as hell obviously.

Is there anything I can apply to my scalp to stop or minimize this irritation. I stopped using nizoral a few weeks back and just picked up a t/sal w/ 3% salicylic acid.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bump

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Def add a Cu peptide, that will be your best bet. Also did the nizoral increase the irritation? Most say it helps but some say it makes it worse, as far as myself the jury is still out.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was thinking a cu pepdite, but I just added spironolactone a week or so ago. I want to keep my options open in the future when these products effectiveness wanes.

But i was using nizoral and sometimes it would increase my irritation, but other times it would seriously help it. Should I try the 2%? They only carry the 1% at walmart and I couldn't find the 2% anywhere else

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
I do not really know, try testing nizoral a bit, by that I mean leave it on for 10 mins and see if that helps or try leaving it on for about 2 mins. I am sure if it helps sometimes that you just need to find what works for you. Just make sure you are using it on a regular basis and be consistent, nothing is going to work overnight so it may take a bit. If I was you I would not wait to add peptides. If you go to this link from an old post you will see why http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... u+peptides
I do not think that the cu peptides will really be a big kick if a product does wane, not sure how factual that is just my opinion. The peptides main purpose is for inflamation but can help promote hair growth as well. To each his own but I would suggest a cu peptide. Good luck

The Gardener

Reaction score
Stick with nizoral 1%, and add in Copper Peptides. Then give it a few months to let your scalp stabilize a bit before adding or subtracting any element of your regimen. That's Gardener's stand.

klaus

Established Member
Reaction score
Matgallis, my scalp he was irritated after I to add espiro.
i think what it caused was the alcohol, but i dont certain.
i descontinued the spironolactone lotion for some days and my scalp are better.
I wait that it helps.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im with Gardener on this one......buy nizoral 1% just as good (or so they say) as 2% without the prescription.Wait it out.TSal chould also help as well.

DontWannaBeLikeMike

Established Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem...so I got some lotion, the one that I had laying laying around (any kind...the one i had vitamin e in it). I just put it on(a good amount before i went to bed and while i was at home. Within a week my red spots were gone.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lotion? really? Like just a plain hand lotion?

G

DontWannaBeLikeMike said:
I had the same problem...so I got some lotion, the one that I had laying laying around (any kind...the one i had vitamin e in it). I just put it on(a good amount before i went to bed and while i was at home. Within a week my red spots were gone.

Same here, once the minoxidil is dry (after two hours or so) I sometimes use some of my girlfriends moisturiser (Nutrogena Visably Young which happens to contain Copper pepptides) this not only helps my scalp it also softens my hair dramatically.

Ty

DontWannaBeLikeMike

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea..just get a decent lotion that soothes skin irritation or dry skin and just cake it on the area needed. Works great.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hmm this has had me thinking the past few days. I am actually planning on producing my own sprio application as dr. lee's is too damn expensive.

so now i think i might add a anti-inflammatory along with cu peptides to the current spironolactone mix Along with some sort of soothing lotion with vitiams in it. I am hoping to kill 3-4 birds with one single stone...

Does anyone have the link for the proper mixture of spironolactone 2%? I can't find it anymore...

misterium

Reaction score
I just tried this out on my freshly shaved #2 attachment head... ;)

Just used Jergens Ultra Healing lotion, and caked it into my scalp.

Hope this helps relieve these random itch spots that I think is due to finasteride (didn't notice an itch before starting Propecia).

So far it feels soothing.. kinda 'minty'.