Scalp moisturizer.

G

After reading a few posts here and skinbiology's page about Copper Peptides and their influence on healthy skin and follicles I have chosen a moisturizer to help my poor scalp cope with the twice daily onslaught of 5% Napalminox.

The skinbiology site said that few manufacturers add active ingriedients of any real benefits, but amongst those that do are Neutrogena.

So I found this stuff 'Neutrogena Visibly Young anti-age day lotion' with active copper and SPF 20

Ingriedients:

Aqua, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Aluminium starch, Zinc Oxide, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate Phenoxyethenol, Copper Tripeptide-1, Panthenol, Squalane, Arginine, Glycerine Soja Sterol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Polyarcrylamide, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 20, BHT, Isobutylparaben, Isopropylparaban, Butylparaben, CI 77007.

I am going to put this stuff on 2 or 3 times a week to help with scalp health, it absorbs almost instantly, my girlfriend rubbed some into her hands and said she had never seen anything absorb so rapidly and was very impressed by the quality, I didn't even know you could get good and bad moisturizers! but she seems to know what she is talking about.

so anyhow, if any man can stand up now and shout "don't put that sh*t on your head" do so now.

I was also thinking of mixing in some more L-Arginine (ALA cesim's mix) as I thought if dissolved into this stuff it would help transport the L-Arginine into the scalp ??

A bit kitchen sink science I know! but if anyone has any input it would be greatfully received.

Ty

G

If you want to add CP to your scalp, why dont you use folligen, as it was designed to go there, not on your hands.

G

Redbone if you want to give your scalp a little more lovin` try adding a little bit of aloe vera gel to your shampoo or a few drops of emu oil, both help relieve sore scalps and make them feel bootylicious.

G

If you want to add CP to your scalp, why dont you use folligen, as it was designed to go there, not on your hands.

Was folligen designed to sting like a mofo when you start using it as well? :laugh:

G

zimmy said:

Was folligen designed to sting like a mofo when you start using it as well? :laugh:

Doubt it was. It does stop stinging after you use it for a bit.

:)

G

It does stop after awhile. First time i tried folligen i found it didnt sting at all then i stopped using it after 6 months then went back to it again and found it stung quite badly for about 2 weeks. Wierd. :freaked:

G

zimmy said:

It does stop after awhile. First time i tried folligen i found it didnt sting at all then i stopped using it after 6 months then went back to it again and found it stung quite badly for about 2 weeks. Wierd. :freaked:

What I have read is that if your scalp is a tad inflammed the folligen will sting when applied. Then as your scalp heals, it does not.

That is the theory anyway.

joe_mama

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey

I've been using folligen now for about 2 months and it's never stung. In fact it just feels like water to me. Sometimes it gives a kind of cooling feeling, but I think it's no different than water would feel.

goldenbears

Reaction score
i use folligen right out of the shower once a day after washing with the zinc pyrithione. when i dont use the zinc shampoo it doesnt sting. when i do, it stings but not bad, more like instense tingling, which i like because it seems like something good is going on. just my two cents.

bombscience

Reaction score
BruceLee said:
zimmy said:
What I have read is that if your scalp is a tad inflammed the folligen will sting when applied. Then as your scalp heals, it does not.

That is the theory anyway.

Thats the way it was for me. Now it only tingles ever so slightly.

Reaction score
aardvark said:
i use folligen right out of the shower once a day after washing with the zinc pyrithione. when i dont use the zinc shampoo it doesnt sting. when i do, it stings but not bad, more like instense tingling, which i like because it seems like something good is going on. just my two cents.

I believe there's some evidence pointing that zinc pyrithione can help kickstart baldness or decrease hair diameter. Why don't you use nizoral instead?

misterium

Reaction score
Once again, a nizoral vs. zinc bottleneck :freaked2:

I'm not sure we'll ever get to the bottom of this..

Dr. Lee has his say, others have theirs..

I am using nizoral 2x weekly & H&S (Dry Scalp Care) 3x weekly.. for now, to see how the random itch spots do..

I am also using a Jergens Ultra Healing lotion on my scalp, at night on occassion along with emu oil.

I'm hoping this all helps tame the problem of random finasteride-induced(?) itch spots mostly on crown & back of head.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
LONG LIVE HEAD & SHOULDERS BIATCHES!!!!!!!