scalp pain

soniaa

Reaction score
I am desperately searching for answers. I have had a lot of hair loss (300 per day) with scalp pain. hair loss has been high where there has been scalp pain. I have got an appointment with the dermatologist in two weeks. I am assuming the scalp pain is due to the inflammation of the follicles but it has been mostly on the right side of my scalp near and below the crown. I am thinking its telogen effluvium. The pain has now receded and hair loss too. But I have lost 50% of my hair in the last two months. Has anybody experienced this? Where there has been scalp pain, will my hair grow back?

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
I have suffered constant scalp pain for almost a year without breaks in the areas I'm thinning (Androgenetic Alopecia). For me it's a bad sign. But I have not been shedding, so yours is probably Telogen Effluvium if the pain has subsided and hair will start to grow again :)

soniaa

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Somebody suggested using apple cider vinegar. I think thats what has reduced the inflammation. i am just waiting to see growth but worried that the inflammation may have destroyed my follicles :(

GoodRun

Reaction score
I've had intermittent scalp pain for about 20 yrs. My pain seems to be tension in the scalp or neck, and massaging my neck as well as scalp seems to help sometimes. The neck seemed to make a big difference in 93. The hair stylists sometimes mentions that my scalp is tight. In 93 it was very strong and sudden, and it looked like I lost quite a bit of hair, although some of it may have been scalp stretching, not sure.

My hair recovered well after 93.

My hair is longer than average, so I wondered if that was it, but cutting several inches off (to pre-pain length) didn't eliminate the pain. The pain comes and goes. Really like sensitivity.

I had a shed about a year ago, but with no unusual pain, and that doesn't appear to be recovering well.