Scalp Pigmentation

fakechamp

Reaction score
I'm considering getting scalp pigmentation and had a few questions, preferably looking for answers by those who have had the procedure done.

1) Is it a good idea to get this done if you are a NW3ish and expect to have more hair loss in the future. I'm not against getting touchups just more concerned the fact that I have real hair in the places where the "tattoo" will go might cause issues since the real hair will grow longer

2) Right now I wet shave against the grain with a razor..will this cut my hair on the sides too short on the sides that the top will look dark? I'm Asian and more olive skinned if that matters.

3) If I decide I don't like it...is it COMPLETELY reversible? I've only seen one picture on google and it seems like the tattoo marks are still visible..at least there is some redness in the area so maybe thats because it was done recently. This is one of my biggest hangups, if I don't like the look I would like to be able to go back to what it was before.

4) The hair looks good in videos I've seen but is it typical to see it look more fake in real life (i've heard ink turns blue in certain lighting for example).

Thanks for any help provided to this question.

Kopite

Reaction score
i've had this done and it's one of the best things i've ever done.
1) I wouldn't worry too much about future thinning etc as touch ups can compensate. It looks best when all the hair is shaved anyway.
2) Once your sides are shaved then the practitioner will know what shades will look best up top. If my sides grow too much then my horse shoe can be seen still
3) I'd be sure you want it done before venturing into it as I wouldn't be sure on it being completely reversible
4) if the dots are too big etc it can look fake but the practitioner should be able to make the dots look more natural by spacing them out. If there's too much hair length then they'll be a 2D / 3D effect which looks weird.

Thentent57

Reaction score
My friend started trying everything you can imagine to stop his hair loss. the things that really worked for him was:

1) Vitamin A - an anti-oxidant which promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp;

2) Vitamin E stimulates circulation. Good blood circulation in the scalp is important in keeping hair follicles productive. The 'B' vitamins contribute to melanin, which gives hair its healthy color and also stimulates blood circulation;

3) massage is also beneficial. Massage stimulates circulation. As already noted, good circulation in the scalp keeps hair follicles active. Experts suggest a few minutes of daily head massage by hand. Circulation through massage may be improved by using a few drops of lavender or bay essential oil in an almond or sesame oil base with massage;

4) Try rubbing your scalp with garlic juice, Onion Juice or Ginger Juice (you can either of one out of three, Do not mix any of two or three);

5) also he used herbal treatment - TrichoZed and Provilluss (do not use Rogaine - it will not work!)

Those are a good products that helps prevent hair loss and contains Biotin and the clinically tested ingredients approved by the FDA to help re-grow your hair.! I think it is very important!

It worked and still works for him!

tkster95

Reaction score
Hey Fakechamp, I'm looking into getting SMP myself. I've been researching it pretty extensively over the past few months so I'll try to help as best I can.

1) Most SMP providers will place dots in all the bare spots on your scalp, as well into your existing hair if future hair loss seems inevitable. Everyones case is different so your best bet is to go to a consolation with a reputable company and have them asses your situation. The more area that needs to be covered the more expensive the procedure will be. It seems most places will be around $2500-$3000 usd for total coverage. If you have previous hair transplant scars then it may cost more.

2) It seems that the majority of people with SMP end up shaving every day or every other day to get the most undetectable look. If you plan on shaving your head then the goal will be to match SMP to the color of your hair follicles when shaved. I've seen a few examples where people keep their hair longer but not very many. If your a diffuse thinner with a even hair loss pattern, and you keep the SMP within your hairline, then you may be able to get away with keeping your hair long.

3) Right now laser removal is your only option if you don't like it. (recently I've seen a new tattoo removal cream in development that looks pretty legit, however no time frame on when or if it will actually be available to the public) Laser removal should be able to remove the SMP but there is a chance of it leaving scars and other potential problems. It should defiantly be looked at as a last resort. If your considering SMP, it may be a good idea to contact a few laser removal shops close in proximity to you so you can discuss your potential options with them before going through with SMP. That way if something does go wrong you'll have a plan of action.

4) Most recipients of SMP will say that it is pretty undetectable in real life. There are a lot of factors to go into this, but if you go with a reputable company, choose an appropriate hairline / side profiles and don't go overboard with density, you should be undetectable most of the time. There may be some situations where someone may spot you (bad lighting conditions, or you let your hair grow too long resulting in a noticeable difference between the real 3d hair and fake 2d SMP) but those times should be few and far between. The inks used by good SMP companies don't contain any blue so theres no way the ink can fade to a blue or green like a traditional tattoo might.

From all the research I've done SMP seems like a great option. I'm a nw6-7 so for me it seems like my only viable way to beat baldness. I'm still having issues making the jump to get it though. I'm leaning heavily towards getting it done but I've been dragging my feet for a couple months trying to get the motivation to make the call and book an appointment. Good luck man, keep us posted.