Scaly Scalp

djApolloCreed

Reaction score
Greetings
I was wondering if anyones experienced or knows about what to do for scaly, almost yellowish buildup/dandruff. I'm not using any topicals, just finasteride and nizoral. I'm hoping nizoral will do something about it. Its something I had before hairloss, but right now its really bad upfront in every area where hair sheds and not bad at all in other areas. There's definitely a link between the scalp condition and the hairloss, its so obvious in my case.

I actually went to see the family doctor about it several years ago and she just put me on t-gel for awhile. Lately I've been paying a lot more attention to it though, and I really think if I could get my scalp down to decent healthy skin instead of this scale sh*t I'd be in a lot better shape with the hair. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

djApolloCreed

Reaction score
I've been doing some research and I'm pretty sure this is a case of Seborrheic Dermatitis. I see there are dozens of products based on half a dozen different approaches to fixing it (coal tar, some sort of zinc, etc.)

I'm sure someone else on this board has delt with this before... what did you use?

dfass

Reaction score
i get this in my eye brows and a little in my scalp while i was on propecia. go to your doctor and get some desonide lotion, even before that use that nizoral shampoo i do everyday and no problems