Scars and balding of the transplanted hair

Fanjeera

Reaction score
There are two main reasons why I haven't thought of hair transplant before. I want to check, if I am correct.
1. Do I get deep scars on my head after the procedure that won't go away leaving me in a situation, where a bald head or short hair would look bad due to them?
2. Is the transplanted hair everlasting or will it start to shrink in the manner of male pattern baldness? Some doctors say that the hair from the nape has a resistance to DHT and it will remain that way after being transplanted on the balding areas. I thought it would still be falling out and another operation would be a must; that hair transplant isn't permanent solution.
What are the facts?

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was under the same impression as you Fanjeera with both issues raised. But I know little about hair transplant.

Did you ever recover from your finasteride issues?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Of course it's obligatory to wait until you have lost all your hair and then start the transplant. But if I'm NW6 already no transplant can probably hide it because there just isn't enough hair on the nape to cover the area?
The hair in the nape won't come back, right?
Then the only choice would be transplanting someone else's hair.
Thanks!

I have the answer now: I'll let the contures be done with head hair and add extra density with body hair. And I wouldn't mind if my nape hairline was a bit receeded, so a little more could be taken there.
I'm going to be NW6 after like 5 years. Getting to NW2 (like I am now) with a little less density from there would be pretty nice.