Schmitty's Story (Need Advice)

Schmitty

Reaction score
I've noticed my hairloss around 23 and probably started when I was 20 and didn't realize it. When I was 21, one middle age guy said I'd end up like him (bald). He realized it way before me. I don't experience any confidence loss that I can feel. I'm married, so I'm not trying to meet chicks. However, I would like to keep what I got and I've felt that way since the hair right over my temples is disappearing. And from taking the pictures, I realize my crown is going, which I thought was just a bit thin and not real noticeable. It's be great if my crown would fill back in some and regrow a bit in the front, but I'd be happy to just stop it in it's tracks.

Photos:

Front:
Closeup:
pSV2ps.jpg
Left:
EyvVss.jpg
Right:
mlpVYs.jpg

Crown1:
QXbGds.jpg
Crown2:
4wHMms.jpg
Wet:
sU1hks.jpg

My plan:
Fincar 5mg tablets - Daily 1.25mg
Nizoral Shampoo 2% (Ketoconazole)
- 3 times a week
Rogaine - foam AM / liquid or foam PM

I'm planning on buying the first two at https://www.inhousepharmacy.biz but I don't have a costco by me, so I'm not sure where the best place is to get the rogaine (maybe amazon). What thickening shampoo should I buy and is there any changes you would do to my plan? Also, is inhousepharmacy the best place to buy? I had a blood test done 5 years ago and everything look good as nothing was outside of the ranges. I'm not as fit as back then due to some recent promotions, but I'm finding the time to get back into the gym now and having a better diet.

Edit (extra info): Also, my scalp is pretty oily and has been for at least a decade with a small amount of flaking, scaling, and occasional pimple. My grandpa on my mom's side was extremely bald as far back as I remember, but my on my dad's side he still had some hair at 92. My dad probably has more hair than me at the crown and over the temples, but his front has receded back to around where mine is at. My mom's grandpa has prostrate cancer at 80 and passed away from it at 85.

Last edited:

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
You plan is very good. I think you'll respond well to the hair loss meds.
i buy Kirkland minoxidil from amazon - where ever is cheapest at the time of searching. As for shampoo/conditioner I actually find putting oil in my hair makes it feel much better and it combats the dryness from nizoral and min.
Gym is defs an awesome plan - even if u don't respond respond very well to training, with consistency u'll eventually get there.
Keep us updated