ScottyE's Story (17/ too young to be going bald! (with pics)

ScottyE

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I joined here a while ago, but never really got around to posting except for a few times.
Anyways, I'm 17, and would like to see what people think about my hair. I really want to get on Rogaine, but that's something I'll have to do myself, because my parents refuse to help me with this. Any ideas and comments are welcome :)

Left side of the hairline
sany0929.jpg

And the right
sany0928.jpg

And both from above
sany0931.jpg

And here's the crown

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score
looks fine, maybe the beggining of a mature hairline, but nothing to worry about by the looks of it, to me anyways..

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I could go either way...
What is baldness like in your family? Lots of it? Premature? 17 is really, really young.
But it is the right age for a maturing hairline...

ScottyE

Reaction score
Everyone on my mom's side has kept their hair...and they're all in their 30's and 40's. They all have really high hairlines though.
But for the last three generations on my dad's side, the baldness has been there. And guess who's next in line? My dad was noticeable bald by the time he was 20, and completely there by age 22. It's not so much that I'm afraid of going bald itself...but I plan on being in college for quite a while, and I have the perfect opportunity to. So I can't imagine what it would do to my social life.

Thank you both for your replies :)

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm not convinced it's male pattern baldness either.

I'd keep an eye on it and see how it progresses over the next year, if it gets noticeably worse consider treatments.

I think it's too early to do anything yet, very thick and full!

ScottyE

Reaction score
It's a relief to hear that it's not that bad. Really, it's like a weight was lifted from my shoulders :)
So I guess I can stop being paranoid for a while and focus on things I need to focus on.
I'll post some new pics in a few months though, to see how far it advances.
Thanks everyone!

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score
ScottyE said:
It's a relief to hear that it's not that bad. Really, it's like a weight was lifted from my shoulders :)
So I guess I can stop being paranoid for a while and focus on things I need to focus on.
I'll post some new pics in a few months though, to see how far it advances.
Thanks everyone!

yeah dont be like me..lol