Screwmpb!'s Story - (19 y/o male, Norwood 2/3)

screwmpb!

Reaction score
I'm really looking for guidance from you guys! I'm 19 year old and only noticed I was balding about 8 months ago--though as I looked at the norwood scale, I realised I'd probably been balding for months/years before this

anyway! I tried proscar 1/4s but this gave me side effects within a month and I discontiued use. I'm now taking it 0.5mg EOD as the 0.5mg per day also gave me sides! every little helps and all that. I'm using nizoral twice a week and am debating whether or not to start regaine foam. Thing is, I have 2 older brothers who are now norwood 3, and so I know thats the route I'm going, whether it will stop at this I don't know because the only person in my family totally bald is my fathers father. I have some pretty serious thinning in the areas which if i was to progress to a Norwood 3, would disappear which makes me think i'm not far off it. Does regaine thicken areas such as this, obviously best case secenario, I'd grow hair at my temples where there is still some short very thin strands but this is probably unrealistic. Please give me your thought anyway, thanks!! :bravo:

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fanjeera said:
That's Norwood 1 ;)!

No it's not you twat. Just be honest.

"ScrewMPB"
Have you tried (.25mg) Finasteride? I had sides too on 1/4 proscar.

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
You should definitely try minoxidil. It's safe but not as effective as finasteride. I suggest the famous Rogaine foam to avoid scalp irritation and itching.

screwmpb!

Reaction score
decro435 said:
Fanjeera said:
That's Norwood 1 ;)!

No it's not you twat. Just be honest.

"ScrewMPB"
Have you tried (.25mg) Finasteride? I had sides too on 1/4 proscar.

lol. its definately not norwood 1 but maybe some other pictures would show that. I think i'm actually bordering norwood 3. anyway, no i didn't try the .25mg finasteride because i thought cutting up my proscar would get to messy. I thought it was a better chance using the 0.5mg every other day. How do i get photos onto this part that are saved on my computer? Have you had success with your finasteride regime? I've only started the 0.5mg EOD about 2 weeks ago

as for the minoxidil i've ordered some, but still have some worries on it. Anyone had success with it on the hairs so miniturised they seem blonde in colour? Also, does the shed only take place where you apply it? According to the family history i will become a norwood 3 for bout 5/6 years before showing any balding on the scalp though I am keen to keep my hairline intact for as long as possible.

screwmpb!

Reaction score
no im not...but im on my way to it

i can clearly see the thinning on both sides of the front forelock which means im on my way. wen i work out how to post pictures ull see lol. Any recommendations on wether to use liquid or foam rogaine?

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
norwood scale doesnt really apply here. You have a nw2 hairline but you have thinning spots as well. Forget Norwood scales okay. just concentrate on how things look and making them better through treatment.

screwmpb!

Reaction score
heres some more photos:

november--id kill to have this hairline back, its a #1 haircut
STA71195.jpg

same day in november:
STA71193.jpg

may this year--hair is a #2:
STA71285.jpg

its going..... lol hope this regime can get my back to where i was,

nizoral 2% twice a week since 13th april
proscar 1/6 EOD since 13th may
rogaine liquid once a day since 23rd may

screwmpb!

Reaction score
ive been on finasteride now for 2 months, seems like my hair has thinned out quite a bit on top, is this normal at this stage?
not sure what affect the minoxidil is having where ive applied it (round hairline, no real change)

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you're def not a NW3!

It takes some time dude... but luckily you've caught it at early stages! Be patient... you should see some improvement around 4-6 months.

PS. That's all the help you're getting from me... you damn ManUre supporter! :hairy:

fluffy123

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the hairloss is the least of your problems compared to your football team of choice mate ;)

Nah, just ride it out now, keep doing what you're doing for the next handful of months and take regular photographs to keep a track on how you're doing. It's a rollercoaster ride though, so you'll shed and worry but give it time and stay consistent with what you're doing. Good luck fella.

screwmpb!

Reaction score
haha thanks guys appreciate the comments. now its rather the opposite, seem to be losing hair around the minoxidil areas lol but given im coming up on my 2nd month on it i guess this is understandable. pictures coming soon

screwmpb!

Reaction score
right guys im worried that the minoxidil is eating into my hairline! im going to give it the 3 months and see how it goes which is another 3 weeks or so. i seem to have lost quite a bit where ive been applying it with no real sign of new hairs. ive been applying it right in the corners of my hairline which now seems higher than ever

Attachments

• Photo-0027.jpg
    Photo-0027.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 154
  • Photo-0035.jpg
    Photo-0035.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 160
  • Photo-0036.jpg
    Photo-0036.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 168

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Which ones are old and which are new man?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Honestly, I do not see any difference. Did you always have that tiny little notch of missing hair( looks almost like a small indentation) next to your center true widow's peak. Christian Bale has one and I think I have one too. I can't remember if I have always had it but I thought my treatments caused it to happen.

screwmpb!

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Honestly, I do not see any difference. Did you always have that tiny little notch of missing hair( looks almost like a small indentation) next to your center true widow's peak. Christian Bale has one and I think I have one too. I can't remember if I have always had it but I thought my treatments caused it to happen.

strangely enough, i havent always had that. it just came on about a year ago and was probly the first sign of my balding. anyone know anything about this?

screwmpb!

Reaction score
ok advice requried. been on nizoral and rogaine for 4 months, 0.7mg finasteride every other day. felt like improvements were being made around the start of august and i could see some small hairs growing on my hairline (which is the only area i applied the rogaine). now however, i feel my hair has receded to baseline, if not worse. ive been tempted to stop the rogaine as i feel its only made my hairline worse. please help, thanks!

Attachments

• jan.JPG
    jan.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 614
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 152
  • untitled2.JPG
    untitled2.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 150