SD or male pattern baldness??

brewstonegus767

Reaction score
Hi,

Im 28 years old and heres a little background on my hair condition. For the past 2 years I have battled a very mild form of what I believe is seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp. I have been through salycilic acid shampoos, as well as ketoconazole and coal tar ones. I have never been able to fully do away with the flares up on my scalp using those shampoos, and although sometimes the dermatitis acts up and gets worse, I believe I have been able to keep the infection to very low levels.

I have had some hairloss on my bitemporal area that has progressed very very slowly since age 16. It never bothered me too much because I had always had abundant hair elsewhere and never had noticeable hair shedding. However, about 3 weeks ago i started losing a lot of hair on the top of my head and it looks already visibly thinner up there. My hair falls out very easily. I can pluck a hair without applying barely any traction. If i stroke my hair gently at the top 6 or 7 hairs will come out between my fingers and this is only happening at the top of my head mostly. My hair looked full 3 weeks ago and now it looks visibly thinner on the top. Just in 3 weeks I have lost more hair than I have all my life before. I suspect it could be due to seborrheic dermatitis but also I have my suspicions about male pattern baldness. Does male pattern baldness evolve fast and severely in such a small time span? Thanks in advance

salar_s

Reaction score
I think it is not male pattern baldness , and it relate to other thing and as you said you hair receding i think it should recede not diffuse hair loss
however it's good to notice it at early steps and you can treat it.
good luck

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
You have Androgenetic alopecia according to S1 guideline for diagnostic evaluation in androgenetic alopecia in men, women and adolescents (2010)

seborrhoeic dermatitis in men go with Androgenetic Alopecia

PdniIoa.png