seborrheic dermatitis and minoxadil ?

kikoman

Established Member
Reaction score
I've started using nizoral 2% which seems to be helping quite a bit to relieve the sypmtoms of seborrheic dermatitis (dandruff). I've only been using it for a month now, everyday. I need something else to help me with hairloss. I'm not sure if Minoxadil will be such a good idea since it causes inflamation . I'm thinking about starting on revivogen. Ideally i would like to improve my hairline which is diffuse right now and receded probably half an inch. My temples and crown are diffuse as well. Nothing really noticable. but i want to start on it before it gets there.

Do you think Minoxadil is a good idea?
I'm leaning towards Revivogen and Nizoral (don't want to take pills)

misterium

Reaction score
Do about 3 - 4 times a week, space apart the days... for the Nizoral.

Don't wanna over-dry your hair.

And use a good quality conditioner after rinsing the nizoral out.

Only need to keep it on your scalp for about 5 minutes too by the way.

G

kikoman said:
I'm not sure if Minoxadil will be such a good idea since it causes inflamation.

Kikoman

Have you tried Minoxidil ?

You may be fine with it, it causes no inflamation for me and I am sure many others are never effected by minoxidil caused inflamation.

If you do get inflamation there are various formulas of minoxidil from people like Dr Lee (less PPG etc) which may resolve the inflamation issue, people rarley find the minoxidil itself the irritant, but the various things that ride along in the mix like alcohol or PPG.

Along with one of the variants of minoxidil, prelonged use of Nizoral and/or T/Gel shampoos (give your scalp a couple of months to get used to them) and possibly a copper peptide like American Crew or Folligen most people should be able to get any inflamation under control.

Me myself I would go for the pill.
pill.gif

Good Luck

Ty

kikoman

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies
I've switch to using Nizoral 4x a week. Alternating with T-Sal leaves my scaplp feeling extremely dry and and crusty for a few hour and than it gets oily fairly fast after there. At this point there aren't really any flakes just oilyness and itching

Is there a copper peptide shampoo that i can use on the days in between nizoral.. or any other shampoo that won't be too medicated and wont' dry my skin out.
What conditioner would you suggest? It looks that I might need it , because winter is coming and that takes its toll on the scalp. That's why i discontinued nizoral a while back, because it dried out my scalp too much causing even more itching (it was winter time)

Also, do you know of any irritation caused by Revivogen.

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
a soft shampoo..

hey man i'm just about to start using minoxidil and t-gel too... well im a complete newbie with knowledgeabout these treatments for hairloss but before i found out about all these products, i used to use + still use dove (extra conditioning/weightless moisturizer) shampoo. it's pretty cheap like a regular shampoo and it leaves your hair really soft + smooth and doesn't get caught up while brushing or shampooing. i hope that helped somewhat a bit. good luck