Second procedure after 4 years post op 1472 grafts.

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
WOW! there isn't as much feedback on this forum as there used to be. Anyway, i desided to go with NHT for a few reasons. 1- Cost. They were very reasonable and had zero percent financing options. 2- They have been in the same building and have the same staff for over 15 years. 3- They don't hire out sub-contractors to do the fill in work. 4- The staff was great and the doctor didn't promise me the world but reasonable expectations. 5- It was vertually pain free!

I know a lot of you try to make claims to using only the best doctor but they cost a fortune and I think you will get just as good of a result as any. The procedures now a days are basic although some like to dense pack of which i am not comfortable with. I am glad that i did my hair transplant in 2 seperate procedures. I am only 3 days post op from my second so time will only tell. So far so good. I mainly did fill in and a little to the hairline. I did 14 square cm2 of donar and they only charged me for 11. I will post pics soon.

Attachments

• Photo2170.jpg
    Photo2170.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 204
  • Photo2215.jpg
    Photo2215.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 192
  • Photo2220.jpg
    Photo2220.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 180

KP211

Established Member
Reaction score
looks good, you said you didnt want to go to a top Doctor because of cost, you spent 11 thousand for 1472. I just spent 7600 for 1432 grafts, fue with one of the top docs. anyway looks good from what i can see there are plenty of hair transplant docs here in my town but decided to fly out to get work done by someone who had plenty of happy costumers

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
11k? no, i spent 3500 for the first procedure (1472 grafts) and 3k for the second procedure(1200 grafts) so totals 6500 over a 4 year span. so far am happy with both procedures. wish i would have done this 10 years ago.

here is a pic before my 2nd procedure. My second procedure is mainly for fill in work.

Attachments

• Photo2167.jpg
    Photo2167.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 197

KP211

Established Member
Reaction score
oh ok, looks good just had mine done 9 days ago so wont know if I will need any more work done until the grafts all grow out. How long did it take for your grafts to grow and are you taking anything for your existing hairs? also I have not had any shock loss yet and I know other people had shock loss, did you experience shock loss and if so at what week after the surgery?

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
i had really good results from my first procedure. it was done by strip and i had little to none shock loss. in fact, i was very lucky because my transplanted hairs started growing right away. by 4 months i could already see the results. it was very exciting! i have been taking 1/4 proscar for 4 years so maybe that has helped. I think that FUE is a great idea but i have plenty of donor so i went with FUT. As we get older, we will continue to loose hair and we will need touchups and i think FUE will be great for that. Am excited to see how mine turns out and good luck to you with your new hair. You'll be pumped when it all comes together. it's an amazing feeling!

Petchsky

Reaction score
Who are NHT?

Nice one for posting your pics Dirtrider, keep us informed of how you're getting on, and any questions etc :)

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
NHT is in southern california. they have been around for over 15 years and in the same place with the same staff. I like the fact that when you go in for your consult, you are at the place where they do the procedures and you actually have the DR do the consult. I've learned that alot of these hair transplant companies have outside sales people and you don't actually get to meet the doctor until the day of the procedure.

I will definitely keep the pics and my progress posted.