second propecia shed

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I've been on propecia 8 months. First month I had a two week shed. After that everything felt like it was going good. Maybe some regrowth or stabilization but I'm not going to say anything until a year. Recently I was off propecia for three weeks. Its now month 8 and my hair really feels like it has thinned out bad.
My question is if anyone think that it could be a shed for not taking it for three weeks???????

Thanks

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow, same thing happened to me. Lol....I was consistent for six+ months and then I didn't feel like I was getting good enough results and I was getting tired of the gradual endless shed so I decided to stop. I stopped for about three weeks, but my hair still keeps getting worse and you can see thinning in the front now! So I'm now back on finasteride + I also ordered Revivogen + Fluridil to help shut my hair loss up. kthx

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
so then it is normal to experience a second shed after a period of not taking propecia ????

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If its around a week not to be expected. Not sure about three weeks though, sounds like a little too much time. Then again, I've been taking finasteride for 1 1/2 years straight and lately I had a shed.

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score
well if you stop taking propecia for 3 months, that's a long time! your hair is suppose to go back to pre - propecia status in a year and 3 months is 1/4th of a year so I'm sure that shed was normal.

HairMe

Reaction score
ps1freak said:
well if you stop taking propecia for 3 months, that's a long time! your hair is suppose to go back to pre - propecia status in a year and 3 months is 1/4th of a year so I'm sure that shed was normal.

i second to that...

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
no its been three weeks not 3 months. i don't know whats going on im so confused right now. Its been like a little more than a month and my whole entire frontal region feels like its thinned out. I've been thinking its the propecia. Then i thought it was the spironolactone. And now i feel really scared that my hair loss has just jumped to an agressive status. Do I use the propecia for another 8 months religiously ???? Or do i add the advodart ?????

Any advice

Thanks very much