Second shedding phase with minoxidil at 8 months?

BLuEArMy86

Reaction score
I have been using minoxidil for 8 months and spironolactone for 4 months!

I had the usual shedding for the first 2 months that i was using minoxidil. I shed small and thin hair! After these 2 months the hair loss stabilised for the next months... But after the 7th month and much more the last 15 days i started to shed a lot like the first two months but this time i shed stronger hair not like the previous time (maybe the previouss hair that got stronger)! But why do i have this second shedding after 8 months using the minoxidil 2 times daily!? Is this ok? Or i have to start worrying... Minoxidil worked on me and i had good results on 6 months but why does the big shedding started again ?

Thanks for your help!

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair sheds on and off throughout the year. My understanding is that minoxidil sort of bunches the sheds so they all start at the same time and then come back around in the same wave, instead of the natural dispersion. Just an aside, but the rep for Rogaine has a shaved head, and during a meeting with a very, very large grocery chain had said he simply could not deal with the sides- shedding, etc, and just said "f*** it" basically and shaved it off.

If the stuff was working, it will probably just grow back, though it is disheartening. I wouldn't worry too much, as, at least you are seeing some benefits.