Seriously, what IS the soreness all about?

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
As in that tenderness that sometimes makes itself felt on some little area of the scalp. When you even just lift up the hair or shift it around, not even pulling, it hurts. It hit me big time tonight, right on top of my head. No big deal or anything, just odd. Others have mentioned similar soreness, I remember.

BTW, those "stray" hairs at my hairline that I mentioned earlier: they have been getting longer and longer, but I still have no idea if that means they're dying or coming back to life.

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of that. All I get are random area's of itching where my diffuse areas are. Sometimes it's together with a slight tingling and burning sensation. I try not to scratch, because when I do.. and the above has happened, sometimes the hairs come out.

G

Sounds like infflammation to me?

just a guess....

...at the spelling

hoping

Established Member
Reaction score
i have teh same exact same problem. i thought it was minoxidil and the amount i was using. 15% morning and 5% at night. but the wierd thing is it started when i started using fincar. so i stop using minoxidil now for 1.5 months and still sore spots in some place of my scaple...so its not minoxidil....not sure what it is...and yes i ve been using nizoral for 2 years now..

misterium

Reaction score
man tynanW that avatar is DISGUSTING looking..

Oh god

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been experiencing that same burden since i started losing hair a few years back. My temples right now have receeded very very quickly and that area is very sensitive to the touch (i also have zits there) I don't believe it is from finasteride, but if finasteride is doing its job the inflammation should go down as your follicals restore.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Jaygee said:
As in that tenderness that sometimes makes itself felt on some little area of the scalp. When you even just lift up the hair or shift it around, not even pulling, it hurts. It hit me big time tonight, right on top of my head. No big deal or anything, just odd. Others have mentioned similar soreness, I remember.

BTW, those "stray" hairs at my hairline that I mentioned earlier: they have been getting longer and longer, but I still have no idea if that means they're dying or coming back to life.

Jaygee,

I noticed that feeling immediately after shampooing with Nizoral. It was one of the reasons (very dry, limp hair was another) that I decided to just keep using T/Gel everyday.

D.