Shampoo question

under20

Established Member
Reaction score
Whats the best way to cycle t-gel and nizoral? I shoud have another shampoo in there as well right? And how many days do u use conditioner?

The Gardener

Reaction score
GOOD question, as Nizoral should NOT be overused.

I shower twice a day, and here is my shampoo plan, that is altered slightly from week to week but it gives you an idea of how I cycle:

Monday
am: Paul Mitchell Shampoo 1
pm: Nizoral, Infusium 23 Conditioner

Tuesday
pm: Infusium 23 Shampoo, Infusium 23 Conditioner

Wednesday
pm: Nizoral, Infusuim 23 Conditioner

Thursday
pm: Infusium 23 Shampoo, Infusium 23 Conditioner

Friday
pm: Nizoral, Infusium 23 conditioner

Saturday
pm: T-Gel Shampoo, Infusium 23 Conditioner

Sunday
pm: Infusium 23 Shampoo, Infusium 23 conditioner

G

If the day has a N in it use Nizoral

If the day has a T in it use T/Gel

Friday do what the hell you like.

Swap the above rules around for the weekend.

that will give you:

mon....Nizoral
tue......T/Gel
wed.....Nizoral
thur.....T/Gel
fri........normal shampoo
sat.......Nizoral
sun......T/Gel

Ty

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
If the day has a N in it use Nizoral

If the day has a T in it use T/Gel

sat.......Nizoral
Ty, I think you misspelled that day, it should be Sanurday :hairy:

avri

Cassin

Reaction score
TynanW

I am not being critical of your regimen, but don't you think it would be wise to take off a couple days from a medicated shampoo? Let your scalpbuild up some natural oils? I'm just curious as to your reasoning on using the shampoo's so frequently.

I know your kidding around a bit with the above post, but if I remmeber right I think you have posted before using it that much.

G

avri said:
Ty, I think you misspelled that day, it should be Sanurday :hairy:

avri

Like I said
Swap the above rules around for the weekend

so instead of T/Gel on saT and Nizoral on suNday, you swap 'em to get a more even distrubution through the week.

pay attention private avri.

carry on

Ty

G

cassin said:
TynanW

I am not being critical of your regimen, but don't you think it would be wise to take off a couple days from a medicated shampoo? Let your scalpbuild up some natural oils? I'm just curious as to your reasoning on using the shampoo's so frequently.

I know your kidding around a bit with the above post, but if I remmeber right I think you have posted before using it that much.

cassin I am being serious!

this regimen works for me, I suppose we all have different hair/scalps.

3 times a week for Nizoral is common in peoples regimens and T/Gel dosen't dry my hair out so I don't think it is that radical?

What's your Nizoral/T/Gel/shampoo circus?

cheers

Ty

Cassin

Reaction score
Well I recently just got my massive irritation issue under control from minoxidil so I haven't been able to use Nizoral, as for me, it made my situation worse. I can't even use regular T/GEL, I use the intensive itch kind and the conditioner which has 2% salicylic acid. Wonderful stuff. I use it whenever I remember it. 2 or 3 times a week I guess. If my scalp is still irritation free in a few months I may give Nizoral 1% a try again. No big deal if I can't. T/GEL I am sure is not that far off from being as beneficial as Nizoral.