ShaneIRL's story

ShaneIRL

Reaction score
Evening all. I'll get to the point. I'm a 21 year old male who's ever so slightly developing a bald patch at the crown of my head and my hair line is receding. But the receding hairline isn't as noticeable as the bald patch but it worries me. The reason I'm posting is 1) I want to stop before it becomes irreparably worse 2) The most faked and counterfeited treatments in the world are for erectile dysfunction and baldness/hair loss I thought it best to ask the people who know their stuff first. 3) There are so many products available and they're so expensive I wanted to see if I could get some advice before spending a lot of money on something that best case scenario doesn't work and worst case causes more damage. I'm a poor student and I'd rather not miss the mortgage payments one month or not eat for a while because of spending most of my money on dodgy treatments.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. And also, worth noting, I'm in Ireland so if anyone was to suggest something, I'd like to know if it's available in Ireland.

G

Big 3-

Propecia (or some other generic finasteride)

Minoxidil (Rogaine foam or some other liquid/foam type)

Nizoral (shampoo comes in 1% OTC or 2% with doctors script)

ShaneIRL

Reaction score
Hanneyk55 said:
Big 3-

Propecia (or some other generic finasteride)

Minoxidil (Rogaine foam or some other liquid/foam type)

Nizoral (shampoo comes in 1% OTC or 2% with doctors script)

Thanks. So Rogaine, or regain as it's called over here, actually works then? Fair enough, I'll try that. Is Rogaine reasonably successful?

G

it really depends on the person. Its pretty much a case by case basis on the affect of rogaine or other minoxidil topical. look through some of the threads on here and you will see some people have AMAZING success with regrowth, while others seem to only maintain what they have hair they have left. I personally havent been on minoxidil long enough to see my personal results as i just started with it 2 weeks ago and i havent recieved my propecia yet. i will tell you this though, that sinse i have started rogaine foam, and nizoral, in just these short weeks i have started my hair feels A LOT healthier than it ever has, which means only positive things in my mind.

stick with it though. You wont see results over night. it will take several months to see noticable change