Shaved Head Questions...

the wolfe

Reaction score
I finally dropped hair club after 4 years of anguish. I shaved my head, and I'm very happy with my decision.

My recesion is slightly better than norwood 3, and I'm 25 years old. So, I am taking DHT blocking vitamins, using Nioxin, and I'm about to start minoxidil, and propecia.

My question involves moisturizers/after shaves on the shaved head. Is there any suggested one, or anything I should avoid? I don't want to negatively effect the vitamins.

thanks...

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
DHT-blocking vitamins? Vitamins might be good for your overall health, but you should - as you said - get on Finasteride instead. o_O

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
I would think an antiseptic would cause you no further harm.

True Story: My mother told me several times this story. My grandfather (on her side,go figure) was bald as an 8 ball. Ever since I had known him, he had the shiny chrome dome thing goin on.

She told me that at the age of 65, for some strange reason, he began to apply Listerine to his head after a shower. She said that after a while, he began to sprout hairs. I did not believe her until she showed me a picture of him just 2 years before he died. Sure enough, he had some hair! :freaked:

It was rather sparse, but longer-you know, the old guy with 50 hairs combed back look.

It didn't hurt him a bit. Antiseptics rock.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
goingoinbutnotgone said:

True Story: My mother told me several times this story. My grandfather (on her side,go figure) was bald as an 8 ball. Ever since I had known him, he had the shiny chrome dome thing goin on.

She told me that at the age of 65, for some strange reason, he began to apply Listerine to his head after a shower. She said that after a while, he began to sprout hairs. I did not believe her until she showed me a picture of him just 2 years before he died. Sure enough, he had some hair! :freaked:

It was rather sparse, but longer-you know, the old guy with 50 hairs combed back look.

What was the reason given for starting to put Listerine on his head in the first place?

the wolfe

Reaction score
Vinton Harper said:
goingoinbutnotgone said:

What was the reason given for starting to put Listerine on his head in the first place?

well, sh*t, listerine kills anything in the mouth, perhaps it would have the same effect with dht? :2gunsfiring_v1:

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
being a shaved head veteran i suggest you use shampoo that isn't too rough because if you keep on shaving it, eventually youre hair will get more coarse and rough.

i currently use garnier fructis DRY/DAMAGED hair version shampoo. i love all of their products because they smell so DAMN good and the smell lasts ESPECIALLY their styling products.

if you seem to have itchy scalp and flakes of skin appear on your head, use head and shoulders dry scalp version... GREAT moisture and prevents a lot of flaking.

you dont need to use conditioner or anything.

yeap thats about all