shaving is not an option

haller

Reaction score
okay. I had to give up, I decided to shave my hair, but when I did that I noticed what they call (Scalp Keloids – Acne Keloidalis) and it's so ugly. I will start seeking a treatment as soon as i can, but i dont think it's an easy condition to heal.

anyway, speaking of treatments. for the hairloss, nothing seems to work for me, minoxidil causing me unwanted hair, finasteride causes me bad sides. i haven't got good results with tricomin either, and i couldn't buy it online anymore because of shipping rules. i really dont know what to do. I'm just 24 so this is affects me very badly.

please say your comment..

nikko

Reaction score
Dude we are almost in the same situation, cures aren't working for me either. Im starting to think about a transplant or some other solution (sadly wig, even though i d rather shave)

Anyway did you think about trying RU?

garyhary

Established Member
Reaction score
cheer up haller! Scalp Keloids can be cured and it can be cured within a just a few months. I believe even laser works... in contrast to male pattern hairloss where nothing works great and even after 2 years of treatment you may have lost more hair.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
nothing seems to work for me, minoxidil causing me unwanted hair.

I would rather have unwanted hair than no hair. How much unwanted hair are we talking about? I never understood how people could grow hair where minoxidil wasn't applied.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It affected me Notcool. I started getting heavier beards, slightly more hair on my arm. It definitely has some systemic effects. But i'd rather be a little hairier and have head hair than be bald slick and shiny everywhere.

Like Mr Clean. Swerve.

haller

Reaction score
I would rather have unwanted hair than no hair. How much unwanted hair are we talking about? I never understood how people could grow hair where minoxidil wasn't applied.

I've had hair on the cheeks, my head-hair has been connected to my back-hair so my back-neck is noticeably hairy, eyebrows became extremely thick and weird, I started to notice unnatural facial hair trying to connect to each other. people noticed that and questioned me.
for the record, I was very careful while applying minoxidil, soaping my hands right after that. I know for some people this problem seems to be not understandable, but it happens for the others.
the funny thing is that I was not seeing good results on the scalp, maybe because I was using a very small dosage afraid of turning into gorilla.

- - - Updated - - -

It affected me Notcool. I started getting heavier beards, slightly more hair on my arm. It definitely has some systemic effects. But i'd rather be a little hairier and have head hair than be bald slick and shiny everywhere.

Like Mr Clean. Swerve.

I know, to some level it's acceptable, But for my case It wasn't, please take a look at my previous comment.

Fall

Reaction score
Like Mr Clean. Swerve.

A few of these Mr. Cleans also work out in my fitness studio. Really not how I plan to look like. However, I have a feeling that this was rather in trend a few years ago. Now it's cool again to be hairy.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've had hair on the cheeks, my head-hair has been connected to my back-hair so my back-neck is noticeably hairy, eyebrows became extremely thick and weird, I started to notice unnatural facial hair trying to connect to each other. people noticed that and questioned me.
for the record, I was very careful while applying minoxidil, soaping my hands right after that. I know for some people this problem seems to be not understandable, but it happens for the others.
the funny thing is that I was not seeing good results on the scalp, maybe because I was using a very small dosage afraid of turning into gorilla.

- - - Updated - - -

I know, to some level it's acceptable, But for my case It wasn't, please take a look at my previous comment.

Mine is definitely not that extreme so I can't relate. But if that is the case, look into alternatives other than minoxidil.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You might try low dosages of dutasteride. Start very low and work up to what you can tolerate.

0.05 mg dutasteride lowers DHT by 50%.

0.1 mg dutasteride is close to taking 1 mg finasteride for example for lowering DHT.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
It's really a shame and inexcusable how we have such sh*tbag and limited options.