Shed After Restart On minoxidil. Keep Using Or Bail?

McCyprus

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used minoxidil on my frontal regions where my most serious thinning occurs, and all over to address my thinning overall, for about 7 months. After reading an article (on hairlosstalk.com actually) about the effectiveness of minoxidil decreasing over time, I was discouraged from using it and stopped for about a week. Mind you I did have some success with minoxidil. A few small hairs growing around my hairline but nothing amazing. When I just applied minoxidil today after being off of it for a week, I had a massive shed in the shower. I’m wondering if I should stay on it or if I should just leave it be. I also occasionally apply a beard oil blend by Marke Golddachs (Art of Shaving brand mostly grape seed oil and sweet almond seed oil) to my head. Feels good but I’m not so sure how effective it will be. Makes my head kind of greasy. Also use a scalp elixir at night by Grogenix with the typical peppermint rosemary and caffeine stimulants. Not sure I’ve seen any growth from that concoction so any feed back from anyone who has tried the topicals I’ve discussed would be appreciated. Thanks for any advice. This site has been invaluable for such info