shed again??

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
Well guys it seemed like I was making good progress as I am a little over 2 months into the foam and was thickening up and wambo it seems as if I got hammered again in the last week. I got my haircut shorter and noticed it. The weird part is it seems like my hairline is still slightly better it just diffused the whole top out quite a bit and lost a LOT of density. I already had a shed about 2-4 weeks in so is this seem likely to have another one???? Its really freaking me out.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had a shed 2 months into foam, and then it got perceptively better around 3 weeks later. Not sure if I have shed since then, doesn't seem like it. I also take MSM + Vit C, and my hair grows about an inch or more a month.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
lucy923 said:
Well guys it seemed like I was making good progress as I am a little over 2 months into the foam and was thickening up and wambo it seems as if I got hammered again in the last week. I got my haircut shorter and noticed it. The weird part is it seems like my hairline is still slightly better it just diffused the whole top out quite a bit and lost a LOT of density. I already had a shed about 2-4 weeks in so is this seem likely to have another one???? Its really freaking me out.

dude I have seen pics of your hair after what you claimed a terrible shed. Your hair looks fine, and you need to calm down and relax. Most of people experienced shedding throughout their treatments, just ride it out.

No point of posting a new thread every week to cry about it.

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
I know man I just hate this male pattern baldness sh*t....I'm basically worried because the last couple weeks I missed quite a few applications and went some days where I would only get one application in and some days with none due to wedddings and other events I did not want to put minoxidil on my head but I don't think that would cause me to shed badly. I heard you have to pretty much go a whole month with no minoxidil on your head at all to lose itl. Anyone know??

RaginDemon

Reaction score
lucy923 said:
I know man I just hate this male pattern baldness $#iT....I'm basically worried because the last couple weeks I missed quite a few applications and went some days where I would only get one application in and some days with none due to wedddings and other events I did not want to put minoxidil on my head but I don't think that would cause me to shed badly. I heard you have to pretty much go a whole month with no minoxidil on your head at all to lose itl. Anyone know??

I missed couple applications here and there and from my own experience, it did not make any noticeable impacts at all. Remember sheds do take place during the treatments, it can be seen as a postive sign that the treatments ARE working. Best of luck brotha!

No need to get all depressed and sh*t man! btw your hair is still in awesome shape I'd say.

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks man I appreciate it and I realize that shedding is part of the deal, but I was just worried because I shed big time the initial month and then improved nicely the next month only to get hammered again leaving me with less density. At one point I probably went a week with only a 2 or 3 applications so thats why I'm worried and I won't let it happen again.

Anyone know any facts on how long you have to go without minoxidil before you start to lose it?? I thought I heard someone say you could go for a few weeks with no applications at all and still be ok, does this sound right??

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
well an update to my worries as I am at about week 11 or 12 now and I am now seeing thickening again with explosive regrowth. Under the right light I can see new hair sprouts all over behind the hairline as well as the whole top of my head. The new growth is probably about a 1/2 inch not and is still not as thick as the rest of my hair but hopefully it will thicken with time. I'm expecting to see great results in the next month. Moral of the story.......ride out sheds. I had an intial one and then another one at about 2 months and now I am improving greatly every day.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think I just had a 2nd shed, pretty minor, but I think my hair density went down a bit, but it's now looking even better than before.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
lucy923 said:
well an update to my worries as I am at about week 11 or 12 now and I am now seeing thickening again with explosive regrowth. Under the right light I can see new hair sprouts all over behind the hairline as well as the whole top of my head. The new growth is probably about a 1/2 inch not and is still not as thick as the rest of my hair but hopefully it will thicken with time. I'm expecting to see great results in the next month. Moral of the story.......ride out sheds. I had an intial one and then another one at about 2 months and now I am improving greatly every day.

Definitely good news bro!!!