Shed at 3 weeks

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm at about the 3 week mark or my second try on finasteride. Both this time and the last time, I've notice my hairline getting thinner and a lot of hair coming out in the sink. I originally took finasteride for a month and a half, then took a break for a little over a month, and now I've been on it for 3 weeks and intend to stay on it this time. Anyone have an idea of how long this generally lasts? I hope it's a shed because it definitely looks like sh*t. I'm on minoxidil too, which I've been on since July 06.

killbill123

Established Member
Reaction score
I just posted about shedding on finasteride at the 3 week mark. I have constant shedding anyways, but definitely increased since finasteride. If you go look at my post, however, you'll see there hasn't been a lot of responses to it.

One thing I can say even though I am a newbie though (both to the forums and the - stick on the finasteride. What you described on your first try was just the wrong way to go.

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
i started experiencing a shed on propecia about 3 or 4 weeks in that was moderatelty bad. bout 3 or 4 hairs came out through every hand through the hair. it lasted me almost a month a dissappeared. So it'll go away soon just hang in there. Problem is now i think i might be going through a minoxidil shed on the hairline since i started it about 2 months ago.