shed from missing applications?

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you switch from using minoxidil foam twice a day to once a day for 10 days can this induce a shed?

I have been on holiday and kept forgetting to apply it so ended up just doing it once a day. When I got home I noticed that some of my hair is thinner then before. Maybe its a shed caused by the reduction in foam, maybe its just a natural shed thats been happening for a while and i've only just noticed, but would like others opinions so I dont make the same mistake again if it was my forgetfulness thats caused the problem

beaner

Reaction score
I don't think that would have caused any harm. I've gone up to a week at a time with no applications and nothing happened.

hoople

Reaction score
Ive been on holiday and my hair has gotten thinner. For me its to do with increased swimming and hairwashing whilst on holiday.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
ajax said:
I was wondering if you switch from using minoxidil foam twice a day to once a day for 10 days can this induce a shed?

Depending on the length of your regimen, it could be several things,

a) miniaturized hair is falling out
b) normal shed
c) minoxidil shed
d) paranoia.

I highly doubt it's c. I think it's probably just a normal shed if you've been doing dutas for awhile.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think your probably right about it just being a natural shed, its just i've never shed before in the 2 years i've been on dutas (or not that i've noticed) so was concerned it was maybe missing minoxidil applications that caused the sudden shed. Its definatly not paranoia as i've the dreaded island formation starting to show again which i'd managed to get rid of previously.

While we were away my girlfriend was shocked at all the 'eyelashes' on my top, which as i've not lost any to my knowledge must have been short terminal hairs shedding, fingers crossed they will grow back longer, stronger and thicker.

Shedding's scary though, I used to think people over reacted to it, but now I know that when u go through it you get a million thoughts running through your head like 'is my dutasteride fake', am I gonna lose all my hair and only managed to stop it for a short while etc. Just to make sure its not been caused by my Dutas being fake i've just ordered some genuine Avodart as had nearly used up all my current supply of dr reddy's.