She'd some light regarding the finasteride shed

state06

Reaction score
So I have been taking finasteride 5mg (quartered daily for 1.25mg) religiously since dec21 2015. I also use minoxidil and nizoral.
Since i began the finasteride, my hair loss has accelerated. I understand that for most there is ano initial finasteride shed, however I am curious to hear from those who have experienced this shed. Own ongoing did it take for the shed to stop andraft how well did you recover?

I'm not discouraged YET. Just curious to hear from others.

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
So I have been taking finasteride 5mg (quartered daily for 1.25mg) religiously since dec21 2015. I also use minoxidil and nizoral.
Since i began the finasteride, my hair loss has accelerated. I understand that for most there is ano initial finasteride shed, however I am curious to hear from those who have experienced this shed. Own ongoing did it take for the shed to stop andraft how well did you recover?

I'm not discouraged YET. Just curious to hear from others.

Finasteride can take up to 12 months to slow loss in some.

Also, shedding isn't hair loss. Miniaturization is hair loss. your hair falling out at this stage of finasteride is probably a good sign.

Everyone is different. I had very significant regrowth only 4 months into finasteride and min. Just stick with it.