Shed twice a year

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, been on Propecia for almost 14 months now. It has been working well but I have gone through two major sheds. One this past Summer and one last December. I am assuming that these are not Propecia sheds rather an end of the hair life cycle that seems to happen twice a year. But each shed gets worse then the previous ones. I am going to give Propecia more time.

jeffsss

Reaction score
camobear777 said:
Hey Guys, been on Propecia for almost 14 months now. It has been working well but I have gone through two major sheds. One this past Summer and one last December. I am assuming that these are not Propecia sheds rather an end of the hair life cycle that seems to happen twice a year. But each shed gets worse then the previous ones. I am going to give Propecia more time.

did your hair grow back after the shed?

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
I wish man but each shed seems to get worse then the previous ones. I am going to give Propecia some more time but so far no regrowth after my sheds. :(

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
yes i just had another huge shed. i think it was partly due to me stopping minoxidil in november. but i have had no regrowth from my previous sheds either :(

jeffsss

Reaction score
jambri said:
I'd encourage you to give your input to the Propecia shedding poll, if you haven't already: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=21675

your going to piss off the pro-finasteride people.

shedding is apparantly normal according to some of the people who got upset with me when i said " propecia trails never mentioned shedding" in previous threads..

I'm sticking with finasteride another 7 months, i dont see a reduction in the amount of hair loss then obviously it doenst work for me and i'll just have to accept.

lunarjm

Reaction score
camobear777 said:
I wish man but each shed seems to get worse then the previous ones. I am going to give Propecia some more time but so far no regrowth after my sheds. :(

So basically, you are taking a pill to SPEED UP your hair loss? This is the kind of feedback that kills me. I wish you best, hopefully it turns around.