Shedding 1 year in

Milks

Reaction score
ello

I seem to be going through another shed after taking finasteride for a year.

I've recently started taking zinc supplements, I have an auto-immune disease and a low sperm count and I believe zinc is associated with a healthy immune system and good sperm production as well as maintaining hair so it seemed logical to try it for a while. I also displayed two of the major symptoms of a zinc deficiency as a child: failure to flourish (though this was always attributed to my asthma) and a late adolescence. When I started taking zinc I didn't have any white blemishes on my nails (which I believe is a sign of a deficiency) though after 10 or so weeks of taking the supplement I now have a couple of small white marks.

I understand that too much zinc can easily cause hair loss so my question really is to people who use it, what dosage do you take and do you use it continuously or take breaks?

There are one or two other factors that may be the cause of my shed, here's my complete background:

5mg proscar split into four taken daily, four days on, one day off. Used for one year
Nizoral used two to three times a week for around five years
Stopped smoking five weeks ago
Green tea up to three times a day for the past five weeks
Zinc Glutanate, 15mg taken daily for 10-12 weeks

could my quitting smoking cause a shed? so soon?

my hairloss is diffuse thinning all over the top, thinner at the vertex, only a slight recede at my RH temple. I've been loosing my hair for around ten years (I am 30), just very gradually so it's very hard to judge what has an effect and what doesn't. I started finasteride at 25 for two years and came off it for around three years to assess my situation.

as you can see there's a few factors which could be the cause. All thoughts, comments etc. welcomed

Milks

Reaction score
I will be adding minoxidil, though only once the hair on top has got thin enough