Shedding 70-80 hairs in the shower

symphonix

Reaction score
Two months ago, 10/19/09 to be exact I got a hair cut and noticed a bit of my scalp on the top-right corner of my crown. I started to see if I was losing hairs and noticed that every time I was my hair, I lost quite more than I ever payed attention to.

Two months later I went to a dermatologist about my hair shed and she said that it does look like I am thinning on the crown However, she wasn't sure if it was male-pattern-baldness, my seborrheic dermatitis, or if it was something internal. I was told that it could be stress induced, but it has to be something dramatic such as a death in the family or surgery.
She told me to get some blood work done, which was already in the process of being done by my physician. I found out that I have low testosterone levels of 381 (normal range 247-827); I am 25 year old male. Also, she told me that my B12 levels are at 276 (normal range: 250-1100).

I'v been shedding excessive amounts for two months now and it never happened to me before. I'd noticed because I wash my hair in the sink often and I never had a sink of 70-80 hairs after each wash. None of my grandfathers were bald, neither was my father. I am not sure what the cause of this or if I ever will find out. Not sure if I should s tart using minoxidil, propecia, and other things...I did start taking b12 for my low levels and included Biotin. Please help me!!