Shedding - after 5 months?

Sass155

Reaction score
question: I've been using propecia consistently for 5.5 months now and I'm continuing to shed like I was about a month or two in to the regime. It may have improved marginally but it's still a sizeable amount - when I run my fingers through the top I probably count about 4-5 hairs each time. I wouldn't say my hairloss has sped up - it has continued at the front though - and I sense it's feeling a little thinner all over. I know that shedding can be a sign that propecia is working but I haven't seen any regrowth or 'line holding' yet. At what point do you just give up on it? anyone else had simlar experiences and seen the shedding subside?
Thanks

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you take pics for yourself and comparison, but after 6 months I could tell that my crown was much better and I was only on finasteride and nizoral. Now my front was still about the same so I added minoxidil. I can honestly tell you that shedding while on finasteride occurs sporadically, since I've been on it for over 18 months and been shedding on and off. But the hair is *ok*.

So judging hairloss just from shedding is pretty hard, take pics and compare.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Nathaniel said:
I don't know if you take pics for yourself and comparison, but after 6 months I could tell that my crown was much better and I was only on finasteride and nizoral. Now my front was still about the same so I added minoxidil. I can honestly tell you that shedding while on finasteride occurs sporadically, since I've been on it for over 18 months and been shedding on and off. But the hair is *ok*.

So judging hairloss just from shedding is pretty hard, take pics and compare.

very valuable advice indeed