Shedding after 7 days of .25mg finasteride each day?

adamt

Reaction score
Hi,

I started my hair loss treatment 7 days ago,
i take 0.25mg finasteride every day and MSM 1g every da,
i also wash with Nizoral once a week (this is the only time i wash my hair)

its been exactly one week since i started taking finasteride 0.25mg every day, and today i washed with nizoral - I massaged the shampoo into the hair for a 1-2 minutes,

after massaging i looked at my hands and there were about 40 hairs!

i appreciate if you take finasteride you would shed after a month, but this has happened only afer one week!

- as i used to wash my hair in the shower i dont know if i shedded when washing before.

what would be the best thing to do now to prevent losing more hair?

thanks

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is nothing abnormal.Just give it more time[Maybe a couple of moths] and even after that you continue shedding,think of other options.

adamt

Reaction score
Thanks mbpsux,

i think the reason so many hairs came out was because i was firmly massaging the scalp and my hair has always been easy to moult - even as a teenager brushing my hand through my hair several hairs would fall out.

i think when i next wash i wont massage too,

- does shedding normally occur without touching the hair?

as the only time hair falls out is when massaging with nizoral, or if i brush my hnd through my hair several times

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
adamt said:
does shedding normally occur without touching the hair?

It occurs but we only notice it when we come in contact with our hair.I have heard some people complaining that Nizoral causes them to shed as soon as they massage it into the scalp.So I wouldn't be surprised if Nizoral is to blame here.It can be too harsh on the scalp for some.

adamt

Reaction score
OK, in that case would it be better if i avoided nizoral ifd its too harwsh for me when i massage the scalp?

is it still advised and i sHould just not massage and just softly wash the hair with nizoral

If i am one of those people that nizoral is too harsh for, is there a different shampoo i should use that will do the same as nizoral does =

effectively handles both the hormonal and inflammation-related causes of hair loss

adamt

Reaction score
T-Gel looks good plus its cheaper, but it doesnt seem to have this ingrediant you mentioned:
'Fluocinolone Acetonide'
- on wiki it says the primary active ingredient is coal tar

Do the people that use T-Gel also use nizoral or is it a replacement of nizoral?

I also have a bottle of NIZORELLE - which is 1% Ketoconazole

Which would be best for handling the hormonal and inflammatory causes of hair loss between nizorelle and t-gel?

- as i still have about 200ml of Nizoral left would it be best to finish this off first?
or is the fact im sensitive to nizoral it would cause me long term problems/shedding/hair loss by continuing to use it?

thanks mpbsux

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No nizoral wont cause any long term side effects.You might even get used to it after a couple of weeks.Its the best shampoo for tackling inflammation and itching.

Fluoccinolone Acetonide is not an ingredient of T Gel.Its a separate treatment for sebum control and inflammation.

It is not required to use T-Gel along with Nizroal.I recommend you try them separately.

Good luck.