shedding after one year on minoxidil!

jimmysherg

Reaction score
hey, ive been on minoxidil for over a year now. Cant say if i had any regrowth but definitely maintained. And since a few days back, am experiencing some crazy shedding. like 200+ hairs evryday. you can actually see my scalp in the frontal region now. Is this normal??, i mean a shed after one year on minoxidil??..cause most people shed after a few months from starting it. Need some help/advice here guys.
thnks

Reaction score
I'm 10 months in on the big 3 and I've been shedding quite a bit over the last 2 or 3 weeks. I've never shed before, not noticeably anyway. My hairloss is very minimal, just at the temples. I'm 24 and my hairline's been pretty much the same since 17 but over the last couple of weeks, the whole front seems to have gotten thinner. I'm hoping that it is just a shed and it will come back thicker.

Does anyone know if any of these treatments such as minoxidil and propecia can actually worsen hairloss permanently?

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
normal.
ignore it, and it will stop without you even being consciously aware that it stopped.
i shed in cycles(been on minoxidil for 3 years) and each time i think it will never get better.