Shedding after six months regaine

blozzar

Reaction score
Hello and congratulation for the forum...

I have big problems with my hairloss last month.
I am 24 years old and I 've been using regaine(5%) for six months now twice a day with quite good results..
the problem is that for a month now I'm shedding (extremly---I am a bit terrified )..
The question is if that is kind of side effect or is it the call that I should quit regaine??

plz people give me some advise I'm desperate..

Thank you

blozzar

Reaction score
So it isn't the fact that it responds to the therapy cause I ve read in other posts that the shedding thing is a sign that the minoxidil is doing the right job...

Sorue

Reaction score
Hey don't worry, it's a sign of good things to come. Although i'm not speaking from experience YET, there really is no other proper explanation for what you're experiencing other than it being a shed. After all, you had good results when you started out.. Keep up the faith

I'm 3 months in on foam and i just took a photo just now only to realize how much i've shedded. But i'm keeping optimistic and can't wait for those patches to fill back in :punk:

blozzar

Reaction score
thanks for the reply.
Hope you get your lost hair back too...
Anyone with more experience..?
Also I wanted to ask about using propercia and regaine in combo..
Is it a better solution?

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
same here, i had amazing results on just minoxidil (generic and dr lee's) for almost 4 years, 3 months ago i added regaine 5% for the night applications and now i'm shedding on my hairline for the last 1 month. The worst shed i ever had. I dunno what to do, it's the meds don't working anymore, the effectiveness of regaine or the opposite? damn...