Shedding after switching to new Generic Propecia

wrb93

Reaction score
So I have been taking 1mg of propecia every day for the past 6 and a half months, along with 2% rogainw foam and nizoral 2% twice a week. Recently I went to get my prescription refilled and the pharmacist told me that propecia is now available for much cheaper in the generic form. Also, it is available in 1mg doses instead of the usual 5mg which had always been the reason I never switched as I didn't like the idea of cutting the pills myself. Anyways, almost immediately after switching I began shedding (I had absolutely zero shedding right before taking the generic version and huge regrowth in the two months prior). The shedding is not terrible and strongly resembles the shedding I had a few months into taking propecia but obviously alarming as it is the exact same dosage. I plan on switching back to name brand propecia but just wanted some insight as to whether anyone else has had this happen and if you switched back, did everything stabilize?

System44

Reaction score
I recently switched to generic Propecia and have experienced some shedding but nothing that is overwhelming. Although I'm not sure that it is doing the job that the name brand was doing for me. At my Walmart location, the generic was only $10 cheaper than the name brand. I will be switching back to the name brand Propecia until the generic makes it worth my while.