Shedding again after 7 month

trasher

Reaction score
Hi.
I have used minoxidil for about 7 month, and it really helped. But now I am shedding again like crazy. Its that normal?
Many of the hair are short, so its mabye the "new" hair there is shedding. What can I do to stop it Anyone knows to this problem?

Mikkel

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well if you are not on a dht blocker like finasteride or dutasteride.. the new minoxidil hairs will get atacked by youre DHT and in the end the minoxidil wont be able too keep up with it and you will get bald.
If you are on a DHT blocker it could be just a small shedding period, and then nothing to worry about.
GL

trasher

Reaction score
What is finasteride and is it doing?
I actually need finasteride to mix with the minoxidil, and it will "work" again?
Where do I buy this finasteride?

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
trasher said:
What is finasteride and is it doing?
I actually need finasteride to mix with the minoxidil, and it will "work" again?
Where do I buy this finasteride?
finasteride = finasterid.. u take a pill every day 1mg that blocks the hormone called DHT.
DHT atacks youre hair and kills it, rogain helps to get new hair but as long as the DHT is in youre body in big amounts it will alsow die.
And at the end it wont do much to use minoxidil.
you can get 1 mg finasteride called propecia look at propecia.com
or fincar/ proscar 5 mg finasteride and cutt the pill in 1/4 or 1/5 to get the right dosage = much cheaper.
http://www.unitedpharmacies.com or inhousepharmacy.com

GL

John

trasher

Reaction score
aaah, okay thanks.
But theese product does have sideeffects, right?

2 Questions.
(1) - if i start using it, and only take 0.5mg every day, and then raising it for every monch, does that reduse my chances to get sideeffects?

(2) - Does my hair I have lost, regrowth? or will the minoxidil never work for me again?

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
trasher said:
aaah, okay thanks.
But theese product does have sideeffects, right?

2 Questions.
(1) - if i start using it, and only take 0.5mg every day, and then raising it for every monch, does that reduse my chances to get sideeffects?

(2) - Does my hair I have lost, regrowth? or will the minoxidil never work for me again?
i started with the 1.25 and didnt get any sides.. 2% chanse for side effect.
it could help to start at a lower dosage and then work it up to 1 mg.
Yes minoxidil works greate with a dht blocker u will prob get alot more hair when u use it combined with finasteride, because then youre hair, and the minoxidil hair wont get atacked off the dht.

GL

trasher

Reaction score
Jojje said:
it could help to start at a lower dosage and then work it up to 1 mg.
Yes minoxidil works greate with a dht blocker u will prob get alot more hair when u use it combined with finasteride, because then youre hair, and the minoxidil hair wont get atacked off the dht.

GL
okay thx.

What if I just stay in with the minoxidil, and dont get on the finasteride or dutasteride, will my hair come back. Is my shedding in the 7 month just a temporary loss??

pathfinder

Reaction score
It is a known fact that once in a while hair grown on minoxidil (or finasteride) fall out, but they all come back in 3-4 months. This is normal. These "shedding schedules" are individual and tend to become more rare with time. No doctor can tell why this happens. But as Jojje wrote you need to add finasteride to your regimen since it inhibits DHT which is the reason of hair loss with men in the first place.