Shedding again?

shawn12345

Reaction score
I wanted to know if this is normal. I started on Rogaine about a year ago (but not doing it as religiously as I should have... averaging maybe .75 applications per day, which is far less than the recommended 2). I did have some shedding for a while, but I did not see any noticeable gains from the Rogaine.

So 3 months ago I decided to get more serious. I started on Propecia and to be serious about the Rogaine. When I started Propecia, I did have some initial shedding within the 1st month (this could have been due to the Propecia, or the fact that I was using the Rogaine more often, as directed), but that subsided.

But now, a few days ago, I have started noticing more shedding. I don't know what the problem could be, because I have been using Propecia for 3 months now (missing very few doses) and being serious with the Rogaine applications for that long too. Is this a normal occurrence? I thought by this time I should be noticing more hair.

The hairs that are shedding do look a little thicker than the ones that were shed before though. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks a lot!
Shawn

shawn12345

Reaction score
Also, I am a diffuse thinner. I read on a post somewhere before (I can't find it now) that Rogaine does not work for diffuse thinning hair. Is this true?

I am just trying to figure out what's going wrong since I haven't seen any noticeable gains yet. Any help is appreciated, thanks!