Shedding again???

Jonny Q

Reaction score
Hi all,
sorry if this is going over old ground, but, I have been on Propecia for 12 months now and I'm currently going through a shed, is this normal to get repeat sheds?
I went through a long and painfull shed quite early on after starting the meds, scared the sh*t out of me, but kept on going through it. the loss slowly reduced and I had got to the point where it was getting better and I could see and feel the difference in my hair and thought there was a slight improvement.
But now it seems to be back to the bad old days again and I've been going through this last shed for a good 3 - 4 weeks. Is it normal to get repeat sheds or is this possibly a sign that all is not good?. I've also posted in other sections of this board asking if this shed may be due to starting an exercise / weight training programme, but everyone seems to have a different opinion, but as its been going on for so long now I wondered if it might be a shed or, worse still, if its normal business resuming.
Any thoughts / comments are much appreciated.

CBF

Established Member
Reaction score
I now go through another shed... is big one. Is this normal? I didnt change my regimen...i m 6 monts on regimen. I shed when i put foam on my hairs...
i shed big hairs and litle hairs... is this normal?

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
just add dutas in your regime i've seen good results from dutas.....try..

i think your male pattern baldness started at 17 or 18 same as me. so fighting against DHT. is difficult once it got mature or build his army very fast so ...

you have to send elite soldiers to your body to fight against DHT so that is why i admit dutas .

prevouisly i had shed all over head back side and seen patches to NW4-5 but after dutas i got thick hair all over my back side ..still i have to fight against dht.

i will post my pic this year end in success thread....good luck....

G

raj47,

After how many months did you see regrowth while on dutast? Did your sides started thinning after adding dutasteride or before adding it, if you haven't add finasteride and dutasteride together?
I have been on proscar for 2 years without any success. I am a diffuse thinner and my sides are thinning too. Now I am on dutasteride for 2 months and hope that I will have the same regrowth.

Scotty

Reaction score
raj47 said:
just add dutas in your regime i've seen good results from dutas.....try..

i think your male pattern baldness started at 17 or 18 same as me. so fighting against DHT. is difficult once it got mature or build his army very fast so ...

you have to send elite soldiers to your body to fight against DHT so that is why i admit dutas .

prevouisly i had shed all over head back side and seen patches to NW4-5 but after dutas i got thick hair all over my back side ..still i have to fight against dht.

i will post my pic this year end in success thread....good luck....

Ok, sorry but what the hell is DHT, dutas, NW3 ?!?! I got the same problem as this guy and I'd like to know a solution. Thanks.

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
all of you peoples actually i had diffuse thin pattern of male pattern baldness last year i have to say i'm fighting against this up to 4~5 years
2007 july i saw heavy thin all around my head i shaved my head ..
2008-april started with finasteride 1mg .but i saw a good results like body hair thinning slight dark hair all over my head.
2008-july~sep(dutas added on aug15)- i saw shedding over my side and receding in my back.
2009(with dutas)-my back got too much thick hair ever before i am feeling when i was 18 age(only my back).

still shedding hair all over above 5~10 hairs/day.......

my back and side is filling to fast .........