Shedding at 11 months on Finasteride, cause for worry? [PICS]

Dvok

Reaction score
Hairlineschange.jpg

Hey guys,

I've been on Finasteride for 11 months now with mostly positive results. In the beginning of Finasteride, I had a HUGE shed which lost me most of the density of my hair. After a few months, however, I started to see regrowth and was happy. Now for the last two months I've been going through another shed, and it's positively impacting my hairline. I ignored it for a while but now it's causing me to worry as I'm noticing my hair getting thinner.

I've outlined in red the areas of my hairline which are becoming the most sparse. Is a shed like this normal/possible on Finasteride? Will I regain the hairs that I'm currently shedding?

I haven't changed my regime at all in the past 11 months, it goes like this -
5% minoxidil applied to hairline 1x ED
1mg Finasteride ED
Ketoconazole Shampoo 3x a week

Any insight would be appreciated :D

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of people have been reporting having sheds anywhere between 8 and 12 months while on finasteride... Seems to be pretty normal

Try to be patient and ride it out, if the shed lasts over 4 months maybe finasteride isn't strong enough for your hairloss and should consider moving to dutasteride

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
are you sure is finasteride shed and not minoxidil? The massive shedding on top sounds a lot like a minoxidil one