Shedding at temples(40 days with big3)

kjetils

Reaction score
Hey

I'm 21 years and about Norwood 1.5. My temples have receded noticeably since starting treatment and been replaced by small vellus hair. Have anybody experienced anything similar in the temple region? Should I atleast expect the temples to go back to normal? Should I quit?

thanks guys :)

moseymoose

Established Member
Reaction score
19th July 2010 this was posted, imagine the worry this guy has gone through without an answer. I've had the same problem. For christ sake! It's actually pointless coming on here for help. You get a few answers and some light chit chat. Not input. Considering some posts are viewed by thousands and about 7 people reply. I am having this same problem. I want to start minoxidil. but I'm worried about all this shedding. My hairline and temples is something that I am even more bothered about than my crown. I don't want to lose all my hair from my temples from minoxidil, I'm young I love my hair and I could not cope without a fringe while im in my youth.

the_dude

Reaction score
moseymoose said:
19th July 2010 this was posted, imagine the worry this guy has gone through without an answer. I've had the same problem. For christ sake! It's actually pointless coming on here for help. You get a few answers and some light chit chat. Not input. Considering some posts are viewed by thousands and about 7 people reply. I am having this same problem. I want to start minoxidil. but I'm worried about all this shedding. My hairline and temples is something that I am even more bothered about than my crown. I don't want to lose all my hair from my temples from minoxidil, I'm young I love my hair and I could not cope without a fringe while im in my youth.

This was posted 29th April, you were looking at his registry date. Mosey, the question you are asking is obviously impossible to answer. I can't look into the future. Chances are big you will gain hair from using minoxidil.

Kjetils, a lot of people shed when they start using the big 3. This isn't necessarily a bad sign as bad hairs are replaced with better ones.

kjetils

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys :)

Thought this thread was dead and decided to check it today just in case:)

I can't believe it's only been two weeks since I made the thread. It looks like my temples are filling in nicely. I can see new pigmentet terminal hairs sprouting out from my hairline every day :)

Also I think I've gotten increased libido from the finasteride. I can literally have sex ten times a day now. I guess it's my test levels increasing to try to up the DHT. Will probably slowly decrease. Anyone heard of this?

kjetls

moseymoose

Established Member
Reaction score
kjetils said:
Thanks for the input guys :)

Thought this thread was dead and decided to check it today just in case:)

I can't believe it's only been two weeks since I made the thread. It looks like my temples are filling in nicely. I can see new pigmentet terminal hairs sprouting out from my hairline every day :)

Also I think I've gotten increased libido from the finasteride. I can literally have sex ten times a day now. I guess it's my test levels increasing to try to up the DHT. Will probably slowly decrease. Anyone heard of this?

kjetls

Can never have too much of a sex drive ;), only reason I'm not doing finasteride, cause I don't want to take the risk that it decreases mine haha. Good news that it's working for you. :bravo:

moseymoose

Established Member
Reaction score
the_dude said:
moseymoose said:

This was posted 29th April, you were looking at his registry date. Mosey, the question you are asking is obviously impossible to answer. I can't look into the future. Chances are big you will gain hair from using minoxidil.

Kjetils, a lot of people shed when they start using the big 3. This isn't necessarily a bad sign as bad hairs are replaced with better ones.

Thanks for your opinon, also, apologies for my rant. I did clearly mistake his join date for the posting. I am after all, quite impatient. It's a curse that I don't think I shall rid myself of aha