Shedding before treatment?

Jon80

Reaction score
Has anyone started shedding before starting any meds at all? I've noticed that a couple posters have seemed to imply this but I can't find a thread where it's been talked about directly. I know the conventional wisdom is that the natural balding process does not involve heavy shedding.

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
Right before taking finasteride I had a massive shed in the NW5A region. Up until this point it was just thinning and miniaturization in the front. Not a slight indication that it was anywhere else. I then went and got a haircut and they threw in a free shampoo. She scrubbed my head so hard I remember noticing how rough she was. When I got home and looked in the mirror I had diffused in the NW5A region in one day :freaked2: . Obviously those hairs were in a dead phase and would have came out over time but they were all gone in one day. I haven't been the same since. I can't even sleep because of it. Its one thing when it happens slow but that fast just shocks you. I have been on finasteride for about 4 months and experienced a shed for a few weeks that also freaked me out. I think it has settled down now but I have lost alot of hair...