Shedding...but I'm shedding LOOONG hairs? Meaning?

Bigsby

Reaction score
I recently started Regenepure DR (I made a post about this a while ago). Since I felt like it helped my itch, I started to use it everyday. I thought I'd try that out for a week or so and see where it left me.

I'm really not sure how much it helped my itch after a week long trial. I don't think it reallly did.

However, what I've noticed how is that LOONG hairs are falling out (and some short hairs...but I'm mainly seeing long hairs). I'm a diffuse thinner so it is coming from my thinning area but also the sides and back of my head, which are really thick. And I'm especially alarmed because I just got a haircut!! Why am I losing long hairs?? And why in the non-thinning areas? I feel like the Regenepure is the culprit here.

Should I go back to using Regenepure DR once every 3 days? What does shedding of long hair really mean? I imagine it isn't a good thing...it only started when I started Regenepure DR. I had itching before and after Regenepure DR but not this long-hair shedding until I started using it!!

The Regenepure people say shedding is normal. It's replacing these weaker hairs with stronger ones. But these are already long hairs...should I just continue using it daily or scale it back? 'Cuz if it IS helping, I wanna make sure I keep it going and apply it correctly rather than just scale it back and then it was all for naught.

I THINK I remember a similar thing happening with Minoxidil (I stopped after two weeks, my hair was too long and I didn't really need it). But I don't remember just driving around and then, all of a sudden, there was a long hair in front of my eye since it just fell from my head!

What do you guys recommend? Scale back the Regenepure DR and see what happens? Or does the long hair shedding mean something else?

Also, if it helps, I get the itch everywhere. HOWEVER, most of it IS on my sides and back though it sometimes appear at the top of my head as well. The sides and back are not thinning. So maybe the Regenepure is just irritating everything...

Also, as a side question, I have a thinning patch in the back of my head but I'm basically a diffuse thinner (and it's minor). I cut my hair short so you can see my scalp sometimes when my hair curls. I'm thinking of getting on Minoxidil. Applying the Minoxidil foam was a pain in the *** and it made my hair look horrible styling-wise so I'm thinking of getting the liquid spray (from Regenepure or ANYWHERE else that you recommend). I imagine it will still be a messy pain in the *** with the length my hair is in now. Do you recommend using a liquid spray? And what do I do, just spray it on my thinning patch and rub it throughout my hair? I imagine that it will make it look like **** too.

Any suggestions for this and brands on liquid would be great.

THANK YOU!!

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
It could be the normal hair cycle. About how many hairs are you shedding daily?

If you are on growth stimulants you WILL shed so that new better hair can come out. Shedding lasts about a month in my experience.

Bigsby

Reaction score
I dunno, I don't really have the heart to count. I do see some longer hairs, but, outside of the shower, I mainly see a bunch of small to extremely small hairs. Also, a lot of the hairs are coming off my side, which is not thinning.

I did use the shampoo everyday for the past week or so (maybe a little less than that?). I get some stinging now in random areas, like the top of my head (yet nothing is really falling out?). I think I just need to lay off the keto for a little bit and just see if my hair becomes less itchy. I feel like I obsess too much and end up making things worse. I definitely don't want to do that. The itch after Keto seems worse than the itch I had on finasteride. Also, even though I had itch on finasteride, I wasn't really shedding at all.

I guess I'll keep y'all updated and see what happens.

The question is, what happens if I completely quit the Regenepure now? What happens to those hairs I shed? I imagine they will grow back (Propecia has stabilized stuff for me) but will there be any benefit? Should I go to Regenepure 2x a week?

The problem with experimentation is that so much is unknown in the future that it's scary to do it...

Also, the irritation really comes and goes throughout the day.

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't change your routine that often. Wait at least 6 months and add/substract one thing at a time. Otherwise you will not know what's working.