Shedding, but not thinning

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for roughly a month. About a week ago, maybe less than that, I noticed a lot of hair in the sink; however, I don't notice my hair getting thinner (yet). I think I may even see some filling in, but that may also be wishful thinking. This seems around the time a shed is supposed to happen, so I'm thinking it's probably a good sign. Does anyone think my hair will get thinner before any significant improvement? By the way I've been on minoxidil for over 7 months.

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
Wait, maybe I am thinning a little. If I am, how long is it supposed to take before the shedding stops. How long before regrowth occurs again? I also just started the rogaine foam. Could this be causing a shed even though I have been taking the liquid for 7 months?

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't help you with the minoxidil as I don't use it (yet anyway) but, like you, I found that I started shedding after I had been on finasteride for about a month. I shed for a long time. It wasn't fun I can tell you. The hair loss, for me, hasn't been too noticeable but it has been very frightening.

I've only been using for about 3 1/2 months so I've yet to see much improvement. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Best of luck, man.

RP

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys shouldn`t worry too much. Check out my thread from this same "shedding" -section. I have quite religiously documented my progress from the worst point (months 3-4) all the way to month 10. I`m actually planning to ask the moderators to move it to success -section, but I`m a bit superstitious that it might bring my hair bad luck :blush:.

JayBear

Established Member
Reaction score
If this shed has only lasted a week, it may be too early to tell. tough it out, give it some time, then see how your hair looks.