shedding but... regrowing?

corvidae

Reaction score
I noticed a pretty odd trend lately. When I went to the doctor a month ago and was told I have MBP, started on the big three immediately.
Since then noticed a great improvement, my crown has already filled out and become significantly less thin (maybe even with some regrowth). I used to get out of the shower and notice a very large spot that was very apparent. Now that is already gone or greatly diminished.

However, one concern I have is enormous amounts of shedding. I shed a huge amount recently, but my hair continues to look fine. Should I be concerned about this?

bram1988

Reaction score
Whats enormous? 100 hairs? 50 hairs? 300 hairs? Shedding on itselfs is not a bad thing. I can understand that stop losing hair would make you feel you were not getting balder anymore. For now it should be whats on your head that counts, not whats coming off. Shedding is normal, be happy you are getting good visable results while shedding. If you want to be very sure go see a doctor, but after only 1 month i shouldnt be worried. Take it as a sign that it is working.

corvidae

Reaction score
Whats enormous? 100 hairs? 50 hairs? 300 hairs? Shedding on itselfs is not a bad thing. I can understand that stop losing hair would make you feel you were not getting balder anymore. For now it should be whats on your head that counts, not whats coming off. Shedding is normal, be happy you are getting good visable results while shedding. If you want to be very sure go see a doctor, but after only 1 month i shouldnt be worried. Take it as a sign that it is working.

It's mostly running my fingers through a single area of my head, see 5-6 little hairs come off. The hair there is very tangly. This is the thin spot, but only seems to be getting better with finasteride.
Sometimes I'll be sitting at my desk and shed a lot, like having 10 little hairs by the time I leave.
What are those little white bulbs people talk about supposed to mean?

mitchsmith

Reaction score
Finasteride often has shedding followed by regrowth. Don't worry about it, it's common and means it's doing its job.