Shedding cure?

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Superglue? :woot:

But seriously, no. Shedding is good. It means that a new, thicker hair shaft is growing.

James180907

Reaction score
Yeah... but not if it means your hair constantley sheds the entire time you're using your treatments. It takes me several months just to grow my hair to a decent, stylable length :p

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
James180907 said:
Yeah... but not if it means your hair constantley sheds the entire time you're using your treatments. It takes me several months just to grow my hair to a decent, stylable length :p

Your hair will shed all the time, treatments or no treatments.

If you're an male pattern baldness sufferer, without treatments, those shed hairs will be replaced by progressively thinner ones.

If your hair grows too slowly for your liking, I would suggest you try taking some MSM. It's a supplement available from health food stores :)

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, shedding isn't always good. Typically, it's a sign that a treatment is working. Stampede is right in a sense that it should result in thicker hair, but this isn't 100%. Just because you shed doesn't guarantee it will grow back thicker. That's why many people (including myself) have abandoned treatments that cause sheds and have looked for treatments to just maintain what we have. MSM will help you grow thicker hair, but it also might make your body hair thicker also.