Shedding darker, healthier hairs..this can't be good?

WonderLad

Reaction score
So, I've been using rogaine foam for approximately a year and proscar cut into thirds for just under four months. I've been shedding a lot of thin, wiry, unhealthy looking hairs throughout but feel like, for the most part I've been maintaining okay so far. Last week I added Nizoral to the regime and took the second shampoo on Wednesday. Recently I've noticing that I'm shedding A LOT more darker, straighter, more healthy looking hair. It seems that, at some points, I'm not shedding AS much..but the type of hair shed is definitely changing and I'm shedding ONLY long, thick, dark hairs and short, eye lash length dark hairs. Should I be encouraged or discouraged here? Reading over other posts it seems like the loss of excessive dark hairs is bad, but I feel like perhaps this also indicates a general improvement in the quality of the hair on my head which - logically - would seem encouraging, right? Can anyone help me out here?

lazarus

Reaction score
It might very well just be a seasonal shed. I wouldn't worry about it unless you are shedding large volumes of healthy looking hair for an extended period of time.