SHEDDING DUE TO Telogen Effluvium OR IS THIS THE ONSET OF male pattern baldness... HELP ME!

chilli-red

Reaction score
So i took the plunge and got on to minoxidil from minoxidil max.. dualgen-5 which has min and DHT inhibitor...

ive been on it for a few weeks now and im shedding like theres no tomorrow.. my hairline is changing on a daily. I was shedding a lot before starting min but from what i've read shedding is seen as the small weak hairs which indicates the treatment is working..

but im shedding long black terminal hairs, a sheadload.. i cant even style my hair.

i went to a derm and he said you have Telogen Effluvium but this maybe the onset for male pattern baldness...

i am losing it mainly from the front, diffused and thinning but generally it is all over..

what is going on?? :dunno: should i stop or carry on.. or get a stronger dose.

please fellow sufferes advise please.
:sobbing:

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
So i took the plunge and got on to minoxidil from minoxidil max.. dualgen-5 which has min and DHT inhibitor...

ive been on it for a few weeks now and im shedding like theres no tomorrow.. my hairline is changing on a daily. I was shedding a lot before starting min but from what i've read shedding is seen as the small weak hairs which indicates the treatment is working..

but im shedding long black terminal hairs, a sheadload.. i cant even style my hair.

i went to a derm and he said you have Telogen Effluvium but this maybe the onset for male pattern baldness...

i am losing it mainly from the front, diffused and thinning but generally it is all over..

what is going on?? :dunno: should i stop or carry on.. or get a stronger dose.

please fellow sufferes advise please.
:sobbing:

You wanted some advice, but you didn't reveal all circumstances. You didn't reveal that you had interrupted your treatment with minoxidil for 2 months. This is how internet myths and noise come into being...

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
give it a go for a few more months!