Shedding... even in non-male pattern baldness areas?

smartsang

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently have noticed rather over the top amount of hair shedding. While my pillow hardly has any hairs on it, the hair seem to remain thick, and I've no signs of actual residing, the shedding is worrying me.

-If I clench the hair with my finger tight and pull up, I lose 0, 1 or 2 hairs. It dies down through the day and goes down to 0 mostly, maybe 1 here or there, although on some days there is always that one hair that keeps on falling out.

-The odd thing is I lose ALOT of hair from the back of my head. Running my hand through the back of my head I can get 3 or 4 at times, 5 is also very common.

-The shedding is everywhere. I just gently tugged on the airs on my arms, and around 5 fell. It happens with hairs on... all places. o.o Is this normal?

-Sometimes I get hairs with VERY large white bulbs on the end, I know this is normal, but they seem to large, almost as large a pinheads sometimes.

-The shedding from the normal male pattern baldness areas varies. Today was a particularly bad day, I've lost alot of hair all over. I could approximate around 200 if not more. Some other days it's much less. I don't brush my hair.

-If I do a "tug test", by grabbing a part of my head and tugging rather vigoursly, I'll get 0-2. From all spots. If I do a tug test on my arms or something, the amount of hair I lose of insane. (Around 7)

Is this type of hair loss common, has male pattern baldness started (I'm 18), or could something be wrong with, well me? :shock:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
if your whole head of hair got thinner, you might have Telogen Effluvium instead of male pattern baldness.

astral week

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah, second this. Although the beginning phase of male pattern baldness is technically a Telogen Effluvium, continued diffuse shedding over all of the scalp is not typical of male pattern baldness.

deth

Reaction score
Yeah it happens, that is male pattern baldness.
Get your bloodwork done, I predict it's all ok.
It's just thinning the most thinning will happen
to male pattern baldness areas.

Myhair_Matt

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
if your whole head of hair got thinner, you might have Telogen Effluvium instead of male pattern baldness.

Yeah i third this..... i'm in the same boat, chest hair, eye brows hair etc etc everything shedding, however 3months on the shedding is slowing down and i am starting to see signs of regrowth.

Hold tight man and try not to let it get you down..... easy to say i know, but you must stay strong

hoople

Reaction score
your 'tug test' results are ok for your scalp, its normal to lose a couple of hairs if you grab a clump and tug it. It would be abnormal if you tugged and 5+ were coming out each time.