Shedding for a 20yo on finasteride

jord0101

Reaction score
Hey there everyone :)

I've been more of a lurker on this site, but I decided to share a bit of my story with shedding, and maybe get some help or advice. Prior to deciding to start Propecia at 0.5mg ED, around 2.5 months ago, I had a decent hairline, it was slowly receding, but it wasn't alarming. I did the pull test on my hair and checked my hands in the shower for months before I decided to start Propecia. More specifically, in the shower, I wouldn't be able to see more than 2 hairs at a time when shampooing. The pull test barely brought any hairs out.

Fast forward to 2.5 months in to my Propecia regimen, and I can see a dramatic increase in shedding. I'm aware this may be a sign that the meds are working, which is encouraging to me. I'm not freaking out because it doesn't appear that I've lost any density whatsoever, it's just alarming to me that I'm shedding around 50 or so hairs when I shower, which never happened before the treatment!

Now, I don't know if this is any indication of it working either, but my sheds usually bring out really thin, wispy hairs. The rest of the hairs on my head are definitely thick, and I'm not sure where these hairs are hidden! :p

Anyway, I'll continue updating this thread with my progress, but at the moment - I guess I'm responding! I'd appreciate any advice or encouragement during this time.

JohnSheikhh

Reaction score
my prayers and wishes are all with you, and yes do keep updating this thread as it will help you keep going towards progress and may also help other forum members.