Shedding for longer than 7 months now

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a question... How common is it to be shedding drastically for several months in a row? My last shedding started around October last year, been losing lots of hairs especially on the top since, but now the hairline and temples are suffering again.

I have started taking Dutasteride daily in late August, and have been using Minoxidil 5% for over a year now (started late May last year). Before I took finasteride, and never experienced a shed as drastic as this. Only the first 1.5 months or so, and I took it for 10 months. Funny thing is, I never experienced a shed- and neither did I lose any hair- the first 2 months taking dutasteride. So it's kind of reverse from what I experienced with Finasteride.

Seriously I have no clue what to do about this now... The remaining hairs I have are very, very thick, but it has gotten far more diffuse than before, and the hairline is just weird... the hairs there seem to regrow and fall out every time to me.

The amount of hairs I shed differs greatly each week, as well as the quality of hairs. Sometimes I lose more fine light hairs (most often though) but a month ago I experienced more hair loss of mostly thick dark hairs, last two weeks are the same.

Hair around the neck and sides are a lot thinner to, and have been shedding hairs even from my legs and arms. I have no clue what this is, do you guys think I need to go to a doctor for this or check my blood values?

Any comments are appriciated.