Shedding...... Going crazy here!

G

Guys, bad news for my hair (what is left of it). I am currently shedding like crazy. Today I lost at least 120-130 hairs. A dramatic development! The days before were very bad as well. I am feeling helpless, since I don´t know what it is. Already the infamous dutasteride shed ? Unlikely since I only started like 10 days ago! Did finasteride stop working and my hairloss is getting too agressive? I am praying it is not.

The feeling of being totally helpless and knowing that there is nothing I can do apart from hoping that the meds start working soon is killing me....

antonio666

Reaction score
taug,i feel for you man,but this might be a good sign,i never noticed a big shed when i first started avodart and my hair looks awful now ,so this could mean you are a responder,fingers crossed

G

antonio666 said:
taug,i feel for you man,but this might be a good sign,i never noticed a big shed when i first started avodart and my hair looks awful now ,so this could mean you are a responder,fingers crossed

no one sheds after only 10 days on avodart.

thinningontop

Reaction score
JayMan said:
antonio666 said:

no one sheds after only 10 days on avodart.

I was on finasteride for 7 months and recently I tried dutasteride (DUTAS from Reddy). My hair reacted to dutasteride almost immediately. By that I mean I started seeing hair falling out a lot from daily routine (showering, applying minoxidil...). I got scared and stopped dutasteride. To me dutasteride is very strong. It will probably be my last resort if finasteride does not work for me.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jayman, everybody react differently so statements as confident as yours can be misleading as it is possible to lose hair in very short timeframes depending on how body reacts to drugs.

I have not seen positives from taking Propecia only accelerated loss so have considered dutasteride so Taug your experiences are useful to know just hope its not a shed and if it is then it remains a small one with lots of positive growth thereafter. Any sides?

G

Nick4441 said:
Jayman, everybody react differently so statements as confident as yours can be misleading as it is possible to lose hair in very short timeframes depending on how body reacts to drugs.

I have not seen positives from taking Propecia only accelerated loss so have considered dutasteride so Taug your experiences are useful to know just hope its not a shed and if it is then it remains a small one with lots of positive growth thereafter. Any sides?

I have no libido since on finasteride, but dutasteride didn´t cause any further ones. At the moment I am still taking finasteride, but gonna stop it soon and see how I react to dutasteride only!

It doesn´t get better, today I lost 9 hairs alone while combing.....Omfg, when is this gonna stop?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
It doesn´t get better, today I lost 9 hairs alone while combing.....Omfg, when is this gonna stop?

Never.

Taugenichts, you will always lose hair. Everyday, you are going to lose 50-100+ hairs daily. This is an unavoidable, commonly-overlooked fact.

I used to count hairs, too. Taugenichts, you must realize that it only makes you more nervous and anxious. I don't know how to rectify your behavior, but I'll give you some personal tips:

1. When you're in the shower, get your hair completely wet. Now... Shampoo it well. All parts of the hair and scalp.
2. DO NOT look at your hands in the shower.
3. Wash it out and let the warm water drip over your head for 1/2 minutes. Any hairs that will have shed ANYWAY will be out of your hair. That means that you will notice less hairs during the day. That does wonders for your self-esteem. Trust me.
4. Get out and dry your hair normally.
5. Exercise. Eat well. Take your mind of hairloss. Please.

It starts with baby steps. Life becomes more manageable. You'll see.

It's time to get started, Taugenichts.

Myhair_Matt

Reaction score
1. When you're in the shower, get your hair completely wet. Now... Shampoo it well. All parts of the hair and scalp.
2. DO NOT look at your hands in the shower.
3. Wash it out and let the warm water drip over your head for 1/2 minutes. Any hairs that will have shed ANYWAY will be out of your hair. That means that you will notice less hairs during the day. That does wonders for your self-esteem. Trust me.
4. Get out and dry your hair normally.
5. Exercise. Eat well. Take your mind of hairloss. Please.

It starts with baby steps. Life becomes more manageable. You'll see.

It's time to get started, Taugenichts.

Awesome advice.... i'm starting to get over the worring period and i'm still loosing about 100 hairs a day hahahahaha.... i've probably been shedding longer than what i first remember, but started to freaked out when i started to notice and inspect the hairs..... keep up the fight.... shedding means new stuff coming through... i find this article helps me to chill out a bit http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/ ... le&sid=220 and again Exercise, eat well and give it a few months.... i've come to the realisation that nothing fixes it's self over night..... Ultimately, take a look around, everyone goes thinner at some stage of their life, it just seems to be such a struggle when you facing the man in the mirror.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
taug, just kill yourself, seriously. You got no hope.

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
@ragindemon: put a sock in it..

@Taug: hang in there, been clogging the sink since the past 2 weeks almost now, today i had to unclog the drain thrice whilst shampooing.. hair all over hands, in the hairbrush, all over the floors and pillows. i'm losing thick strands too as well as vellus. I just started dutasteride a few hours ago, took three 0.5 mg avodart capsules..will do the same this week then shift to 0.5 mg every other day with finasteride on the off-days. was on 1 mg finasteride myself for 2 years..

are you a diffuse thinner?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Sir_LagaLot said:
@ragindemon: put a sock in it..

@Taug: hang in there, been clogging the sink since the past 2 weeks almost now, today i had to unclog the drain thrice whilst shampooing.. hair all over hands, in the hairbrush, all over the floors and pillows. i'm losing thick strands too as well as vellus. I just started dutasteride a few hours ago, took three 0.5 mg avodart capsules..will do the same this week then shift to 0.5 mg every other day with finasteride on the off-days. was on 1 mg finasteride myself for 2 years..

are you a diffuse thinner?

r u f*****g blind? this kid makes a post crying about his hair everyday. He's a man, he should have the balls to simply try to live his life.