Shedding is just Propecia synchronizing the hair cycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffsss

Reaction score
[original thread name: "my theory on how propecia can accelerate hair loss"]

Well since i'm not a doctor, and I dont know much... this is what i've come up with........

Propecia blocks test from turning into DHT.. this we already know..

and we also know that since it blocks test, you have more of it in your body..

now. since propecia only inhibits one form of enzyme.. (type II) then there will be MORE testosterone in your body that the (type I) can convert into DHT.

could it be that simple?

jayC99

Established Member
Reaction score
stupid.gif

tenshi

Established Member
Reaction score
Is propecia a noncompetitive enzyme inhibitor or a competitive enzyme inhibitor?

jeffsss

Reaction score
tenshi said:
Is propecia a noncompetitive enzyme inhibitor or a competitive enzyme inhibitor?

actually i dont think it would matter..

If propecia blocks type II then they're will be more testosterone in your body regardless.....

since there will be more testosterone then there will be more for the Type I to turn into DHT.....

follow me??

anyone have opinions on this..?? i did a search and couldnt find anything, i'm suprised a study hasnt been done!?!

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
It has already been explained how Propecia *seems* to accellerate hair loss. Its called shedding.

Its what you're going through (jefsss) while you're swamping this site with alarming, confusing, scary posts which are accomplishing nothing but keeping newbies from trying this treatment, which works.

Its called synchronization of the hair cycles, and Propecia can and does cause it in some people. It is nothing more than a temporary dormancy where existing hair seems to fall out more than normal.

Dormancy lasts maybe 3 to 6 months and then it all comes back.

And that is the end of this unproductive thread.

HairLossTalk.com

Status
Not open for further replies.